Diezel VH2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpNorthMark

Reaction score
Anyone try one of these yet? Just ordered one up from sweetwater and can’t find too may reviews on them just trying to get some feedback.
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Did you get your VH2 yet? I bought one from Sweetwater recently myself. Thoughts?

Here is a link to a YouTube video I did just rolling through the channels and tones. Give me some feedback if you can.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/XywBwlmvEKc

I did get one, first one was bad so they sent another. I tried 4 guitars and 3 cabs with it but I never really loved it so I sent it back. It was a bit too dry and it seemed like it could really benefit from a GEQ in the loop but for the money I didn’t want to buy one for it, I loved the low end on it but I like my JP2C a lot more I guess. I felt like for almost 3 grand I expected a little more out of it, how you liking yours? Good video you posted since there’s virtually nothing out there for it.

There was a guy locally who really wanted me to buy his VH4 several years ago. I went over to his jam space to try it out and spent like an hour with it. It had that crazy evil-sounding super tight low end for sure, the cleans were amazing by any standard, and everything coming out of the cab sounded great, but there was something seriously uninspiring about the amp. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was but I spent the whole time trying to find a sound that made me want to step back and just play guitar instead of fucking around with the knobs some more. I'm sure it would be an amazing amp in a pro rig but I had no desire to take the thing home and play it more. UpNorthMark, sounds like you might have had kind of a similar experience with the VH2...

Hey thanks for getting back to me. That's too bad to hear it didn't work out for ya. But at least you got to try one out to see if it was something you would like.

So far I have enjoyed playing it. It does have nice tight lows and the gain in both channel 1 and 2 is pretty flexible. I own a Mark V, Uberschall and Recto so I am honestly contemplating keeping the VH2. It is a great amp, but I can cover the tones I am after with the amps I already have. The VH2 is past my return time though so I would have to sell it on a forum or Reverb, etc. Definitely well built, solid and great sounding amp though.

I did get to try a VH4 once at a local Guitar Center. That amp sounded good too but has way too many knobs, features etc. for me to get comfortable. That's what led me to try the VH2. Less fuss and more jamming. I will have to say whats nice about the VH2 is it has this nice modern gain and low end, but the mids do not get lost. That presence knob on that amp can really help that amp cut through the mix.

Back