Bluguitar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
Stumbled across this yesterday. IF it does what they say...could be a real game changer.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Amp1

This looks really interesting. Considering how popular it is these days to have midi controllers on pedalboards, this could make having one big board instead of an amp very possible. Wonder how it sounds.

Tech I had looking at my Mark V spent a lot of time trying to sell one of these to me. He defo had an agreement with the manufacturers I figured from reading between the lines of his push on it. Gotta admit too that it did sound pretty good. 100w solid state amp had a lot of balls, surprising for such a small little unit. The clean through Marshall JTM45 up to JCM800 sounds did sound awesome. But, it didn't cut it for me with the high gain stuff. It just isn't a Boogie! Quality little unit, but it's no Mark or Rectifier.

My knowledge on tubes is not all that extensive, but enough to tube roll. This unit claims to use nano tubes. Aside from what Wikipedia states, does anyone know much about nano tubes? It sure seems like the unit is basically a solid state thing, but they keep talking about the nano tubes.

IF I were in the market for yet another amp and size and weight were my chief concerns, I could see the possibility of considering this unit. Of course, one would have to also strongly consider all the additional toys that go with it, and that puts the price up pretty close to a good, used Mesa.

Now, if Mesa put out a floor box like this, that would be an entirely different situation.

I had one when they first came out. Biggest problems for me were the shared eq
controls and very obvious need to buy the foot controller to actually use all the
features. I also thought it was pricey for what it was especially without the
footswitch. The sounds were usable but Thomas’s definition of high gain didn’t
come close in my book. For the money I would go with an AMT ss-11. It uses reall
12ax whichever tubes you want (once you pull out their stock brown ss tubes). Sounds
better to me than the amp100.

Matt

I realize this topic has been inactive for several weeks, but is it possible that they meant that the unit is using the Korg Nutubes, instead of a "nanotube" ?

The demo video did nothing for me, mostly because the sound of single coil pickups that aren't P90s set my teeth to grating. I hate strats for overdrive. I should know by now, I've only had about five of them and eventually I got the message.

Demo with humbuckers if you want me to be interested in an amplifier.

There are some other players that can make a strat work in overdrive. It's sure not ME, though.

Demo with humbuckers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jvnoZ4DLa4

Jennifer Batten demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV6ANBOAoPU

Latest posts

Back