Tremoverb Combo help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Cicada

Reaction score
Can I get some advice on the two amp below? both are Trimoverbs. I wasn't sure if the JJs and replacement of speaker would change the sound or tone of the amp? and with the other amp I have never seen this amp come with the large logo name plate like that before. was hoping to get some advice on these please. sorry im a newbi to Mesa and to this form.

Amp one:
This Mesa Boogie Trem-o-verb dual rectifier combo amp has had one of the Celestion 30s replaced, been fully retubed with JJs and rebiased.

Or

Amp Two:
I purchased this monster new in late 1993 / early 1994 from Ace Music in Orlando, FL. It was gigged frequently through early 1995 but always handled carefully. This is one of the very early models, which is covered in smooth black LEATHER instead of the usual tolex. Yep, real leather. Even riveted leather corner guards. It also features the large “Mesa Engineering” logo in the center of the grill – I believe they only did that the first year or so before going to a small badge in the upper left corner.

This amp was recently serviced and features a brand new output transformer and EL-34 power tubes.
Amp can be rebiased for 6L6s with the flip of a switch)

Speakers are original Celestion Vintage 30s – over 20 years old and nicely broken-in.

Thank You

I know it's been a couple of months since you posted but I figured I'd chime in.

That second one you mentioned is on the ATL craigslist, right? So, I would go with one of the other 2 ToV's listed on there and save the extra $200 that guys is asking. Or one of the triple rectos for the same price.

Back