Questions about my new amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolfan

Reaction score
Hey guys, just found this site I had a few questions about my new amp. I am going from a B-52 at100 to a Engl Savage 120 and a mesa 4x12. The first thing I was wondering is if there is a good cover for the savage. Just something for dust, the amp will just be in my room for now so I don't need anything padded or a hard case or anything. Also is this the footswitch that goes with this head? http://www.engl-amps.com/cms/index.php?id=40&tx_ddfproducts_pi1%5Buid%5D=45 And I also want to know if I should buy one of these? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/furman-pl-pro-c-power-conditioner?CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2502662&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2502662#productDetail

Like I said I will be using the amp just in my room for now, and the power has gone out a few times before so should I buy one or just plug the savage into the wall? I have herd that power conditioners take power from the amp..is that true?

On Engl's website it says the Savage 120 is the E610 amp. The footswitch you're looking at says that it's compatible for the E610 amp. You can always ask Engl or a shop to confirm.

A power conditioner is good insurance to help protect your gear. The one you listed is to protect against voltage spikes and surges. You can never tell how clean and consistent the electricity supply is at a power outlet. If you value your gear, it's a good idea.

The several times the power has gone out: Does your power go out only at your home or is it the entire street/suburb? If it's your home, then you should look into it. You could have faulty appliances, faulty wiring, faulty power switches, faulty light switches. It could be anything. You may be overloading a power point with too many appliances connected = get more power points (or a new electrical line and fuses) installed to resolve this issue.

As for covers, search the net. There's several suppliers of covers you can find. Alternatively, get in touch with Engl or a shop and see what they charge if you want an original cover.

Hope this helps.

-B

Back