Komet 60

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Rolf

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Komet 60 amp and wanted to post my impressions:

First, the Komet 60 (for those who aren’t familiar) represents the last Trainwreck circuit design that the late Ken Fischer designed and worked with Komet Amplification to build.

The Komet 60 ships with two EL34’s (60 watts) but will also accept 6L6’s (50 watts)
There is no EFX Loop, Master Volume, Channel Switching or Reverb. It’s a single channel, hand-wired, non-PC board amp.
The results are nothing short of off-the-charts amazing.
This is the most touch-sensitive, harmonic inducing amp I have ever tried.
I did a side-by-side comparison with my Stiletto Ace Combo since both uses EL 34’s.
Now the Stiletto is a fantastic sounding amp. Still is. And I used to think it was bright and clear until I did this shoot out. It sounded like I had a blanket over it. Very “soft” and forgiving.
The Komet 60 will show EVERY little nuance in your playing. NOT forgiving AT ALL. The harmonics were bouncing all over the room. Even though I was plugged straight into the amp it almost had a reverb effect simply due to the wonderful harmonics being produced. Oh, and this amp is LOUD.

I also purchased a matching Komet 2x12 closed back cab loaded with Celestion Heritage 65 speakers.
If you’re looking for something truly amazing with elegant simplicity, I highly recommend looking into the Komet 60.

Back