Fender Dual Showman Reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swbo101

Reaction score
Does Fender still make these? I always wanted one, they were basically Twin Reverb in just an amp head.

I don't think the showman is still in production. Its a high powerd twin type of amp. I think the newest one I saw was a silver face. They are pricey. And I've never recall seeing a reverb version. The twin had reverb. The showman didn't. Try a vintage fender amp forum search. There is one with all the info. Its NOT the fender forum or the FDP. Its a vintage fender sight run by a couple of very knowledge able fender amp gurus...fender guru.com. that's it. Very useful.

I believe they were introduced around 1968 when the silverface amps appeared. Our guitar player sold one a couple years ago. I grabbed this photo on Google, not my amp.

_MG_8171.jpg

During the Rivera-era of Fender in the mid '80s, they reissued the Twin as the Twin II in both a combo and a head version. I used to use that head with an old Showman 2x12 cab, like pictured...what a beast! The cab is huge! But the head was a very beefy 105W, so it comes pretty close to a Showman in power. Those are still bringing pretty good money, but they are a little more available than an old Showman.

Thanks for all the info. I completely forgot about the Twin II. I'll keep my eyes open.

Latest posts

Back