DIY Question: Cabinet Dimensions/Angles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsto87

Reaction score
I just picked up a Mark iii at a really good price, but the cabinet is in horrible shape. I'm planning on building a new cabinet using birdseye/curly maple with a natural finish and a wicker/cane grill.

I was wondering if anyone has built a custom cab for a 1x12 Boogie before? If so, do you still have the dimensions/angles used for the cuts?

I am new to this forum so if say something out of the "norm" I apologize.

Near where I live is a great Wood Distributer.

http://www.berkshireproducts.com/species.php?species=Maple

I am going to build a matching head with two cabinets this summer.

I'll post dimension once I get them measure out.

Since you have Mark III head, you could take the dimensions from that (width, bolt location and chassis slant).

I built one a 1-12 combo out of poplar for a friend. He sold his Mark III with the original enclosure and gave me back the empty poplar combo back.

Depending where you get your plank stock, MESA I think uses a 7/8" thick stock. I used Home Depot 11-1/4"x 3/4" (wide x thick) poplar stock. I selected a light color looks like maple.

Pictures to come, so I'll give you my dimensions what I used. But it will be only the height, the height up to the chassis to give you that slant. I'll also give you degree of the slant is you want that measurement.

Please be patient with me.

Back