Dynamo Amps, GT-6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I came across Dynamo Amps while searching if any amp/guitar cab manufacturer would offer EVM12L speakers in their 4x12 cabinets since I was considering getting another 412 (without having to discard the speakers it comes with) for use with either the Mark V or Mark IV. The Mark V is an awesome amp in all channels, the Mark IV combo, well RH1 and Lead, RH2 not so good through the single C90. On the other hand, RH2 sounds beyond awesome through a 412 EVM cab. This is just with okay Svetlana 6L6GC tubes (non SED variety). I am torn between the sheets as to which amp actually sounds better. They are both kick *** amps when pushing the right speaker cabinet. Instead of switching Amps on one cabinet (would hate to fire one up only to realize the amp has no load).

I will definitely get another 412 cab, deciding on Fane or EVM.

Then I had to do it, look into the amps. Crap, now I want one, primarily the GT-6. Although the GTS is a really nice amp too. For those that want a super 2x12 cab they got that covered as well.

I did have a desire for a Carvin V3, well, not any more. That interest was taken by a 200W monster. It is not often I look into something and find that I have to have it like some sort of disease. That still will not free me from owning a Mesa Boogie. Since I came across Dynamo, I have looked into others like Bogner, Solano, Mako, Diamond, etc...

I know, I know, they are not V30's. :roll: Probably the reason why I am interested. Just about every amp manufacturer uses Celestions of this or that type. Besides that, I am one who does not like V30's. Give me an EVM12L or equivalent and I am happy. :mrgreen:

Big loud heads with big loud speakers. Totally against the "keep it tiny keep it quiet" fad. Fucking love the idea.

I made a few attempts to contact Dynamo. They have no phone number listed. My belief is that they only built a few amps for pictures, to get reviews from a few people and guitar world. I do not think they got past the prototype stage.

Considering the customer service response that I got, my interest will be the same, no longer interested. The amp did sound great on the video's but I think I can do better at a considerably lower cost. So far the only way to get a 412 cabinet without V30's would be to buy an old used cab, buy an empty cab at inflated prices or just deal with it as it is and replace the speakers later on.

Consider this thread dead. This brings me back to Mesa land, perhaps a Road King 2 would be a better option.

I guess I spoke too soon.

I had shared a few emails with company owner Mr. Ervin Williams today. They are slow but they are in business. They are working on new models to add to their collection in lower power ratings. Interesting how we share the same opinions about the EVM12L back label speaker. Not the same beast as the EVM12L classic.

I placed them back on my radar (favorite list). I may get the GT-6, still debating at this moment. Perhaps I will make a trip out to Texas it that is possible.

Back