kemper tone |vs| THE mesa tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IkarusOnFire

Reaction score
Has anyone here done any profiling with the Kemper and got a great Mesa tone? I've always felt that the mesas have a very unique breathing/sag that seems extremely difficult to copy (other amp manufacturers included) - so I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this and the kemper?

for me, it's never really about 'tones', it's more about feel.

i miss that in all modelers.

gonzo said:
for me, it's never really about 'tones', it's more about feel.

i miss that in all modelers.

been there - done that!

I tried and wanted to like the AxeFX Ultra for almost 3 weeks....ended up loving my Triaxis/2:90 even more

Nitrobattery

on your clip:

the top sound, has a bit more clarity and bite.

the bottom pair, seem tight and smoother.

you could argue that either one would be better than the other, for a certain rhythm mix....
top pair for in between vocals, and bottom pair for during vocals.

sounds great, both pairs.

but what did it feel like playing the kemper tracks, versus standing next to a cranked cabinet with the real deal?

cuz it's that feel that i cue off of, more than the sound.....

gonzo said:
Nitrobattery

on your clip:

the top sound, has a bit more clarity and bite.

the bottom pair, seem tight and smoother.

you could argue that either one would be better than the other, for a certain rhythm mix....
top pair for in between vocals, and bottom pair for during vocals.

sounds great, both pairs.

but what did it feel like playing the kemper tracks, versus standing next to a cranked cabinet with the real deal?

cuz it's that feel that i cue off of, more than the sound.....

Honestly, there's the real thing, and there's not the real thing. I don't think anyone will argue that any of the digital stuff sounds better than real amps, but for being able to get 98% of the tone of a 150 watt tube amp blaring through a 4x12....at 1am recording an album...it's pretty awesome. I don't use the Kemper live, but as an at home or recording tool I think it's worth every penny.

Back