Hot Tamale!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisinMO

Reaction score
I just traded for a Nomad 45 and love it but it gets hotter than hell! After playing awhile the chassis and especially the PT gets so hot you can't touch it or you will get burned. Too hot to leave your hand on it. Is that normal???

Thanks!
Chris

I felt the same about my Mark V head. Heat soak tremendously. Almost feels like the insulator on the speaker wire is going to melt.

Changed all of the tubes (not quite sure how it would relate) but the amp has remained cool and no longer overheats. Also replaced speakers in the 412 cab that have had for 13 years.

It is obvious that the tubes will radiate tremendous amounts of heat. I can now touch the filament transformer without getting burned as well as the chassis. I am not too familiar with the Nomad, but it is a bit similar to the Mark V in some respects (then again maybe not).

bandit2013 said:
I felt the same about my Mark V head. Heat soak tremendously. Almost feels like the insulator on the speaker wire is going to melt.

Changed all of the tubes (not quite sure how it would relate) but the amp has remained cool and no longer overheats. Also replaced speakers in the 412 cab that have had for 13 years.

It is obvious that the tubes will radiate tremendous amounts of heat. I can now touch the filament transformer without getting burned as well as the chassis. I am not too familiar with the Nomad, but it is a bit similar to the Mark V in some respects (then again maybe not).

Yep I changed the tubes too and that didn't seem to help much. I checked with a thermometer and it was operating at about 150°. I put a small AC fan back there now it runs at about 100°. Sounds good either way. Lol!

Back