Soho Acoustics QTR-1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnova73

Reaction score
does anyone have any experience with these preamps? from the research ive done they are the same thing as the kitty hawk quattro but built with better parts and in a 2 space rack for better cooling. i can get one cheap but want to know if its worth it first. and ur opinions.

so I did some more research and found the kitty hawk quattro was originally suppose to be designed after a dumble amp(channel 1) and a boogie amp(channel 2) but I have no idea which ones. I decided to buy the soho one and found the clean/crunch are very nice and articulate even though they share the same eq but have separate gain/volume. Same with the lead/hot modes, except they share the same master vol and separate gains. The lead/hot modes sound like marshall and a mesa mixed and get some pretty gainy sounds. Oh, and the whole thing uses four preamp tubes and a cascading configuration. Over all I'm very happy with it and felt it was worth the money and am now gonna start to build a new rig around it. I'll post pics soon maybe even a short demo video.

Back