ENGL Screamer 50 vs Single Rectifier s2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coisocenasetal

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I currently have an ENGL screamer 50 watt head. It's a great amp, very versatile but the amp tone I've always been looking for it's the Mesa Rectifier tone. Recently I got the opportunity to trade my ENGL Screamer for a Single Rectifier series 2 and I was wondering if it is a good deal? I've read on forums around the web that the ENGL Screamer's tone is very similar to the Single Rectifier's tone. On the other hand I’ve also read that the Single Rectifier is the best amp some people owned and that they wouldn’t trade it for the world..... there is even people who actually prefer the Single Rectifier instead of the Dual And Triple Rectifiers. Anyway I was wondering if you guys have some useful advice for me.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Cheers. :wink:

Which recto tones are you going for? Will depend if the single is up your ally. They tend to be brighter and not as tight. Alot of punk rockers like them. Value these days for single V2 are between $600 and $700.

I don't own a screamer but I have an E530 and I had Single Rectifier V1 for about 6 years. I prefer my ENGL over the Recto for single note lead work and fast metal chugging and galloping. I kind of like the clean channel a little more too. I think the Single Recto is much more versatile though. The mid gain sounds are better than the E530.

Latest posts

Back