connecting a Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cabinet to Lone Star

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneKing

Reaction score
Need a little help from someone.

I have a Lone Star Mesa 100 watt 2 x 12 combo amp with 16 ohm speakers in parallel that are plugged into the 8 ohm speaker jack input on the back of the amp (it came that way from factory). I recently bought a Mesa 2 x12 Rectifier extension cab that has 8 ohm speakers........

On the back of the Lone Star there are 3 speaker input jacks, one 8 ohm and two 4 ohm.

I have been told that I could simply plug the 2 x 12 Rectifier extension Cab into one of the 4 ohm speaker jacks (leaving the 16 ohm speakers in the combo plugged into the 8 ohm speaker jack)

and

I have been told that I should plug BOTH the 2 x 12 Rectifier extension Cab and the 16 ohm speakers in the combo into a 4 ohm speaker input each.

Can someone please help?

The Recto 2x12 should be loaded with 16ohm speakers unless someone's modified it.

16? speakers/2 speakers=8? cab.

The Recto cab is 8? and the LSC cab is 8?.

8? cab/2 cabs = 4? total.

Long story short, unless that Recto cab has been modified by someone you'll want to use the 4? outputs on the back of the amp.

You can verify the speakers by pulling the jackplate off the rear and using a flashlight to look at the label on the back of the speakers. It'll say 16ohm or 8ohm on the right side of the label. If it says 16 you're good to go. If it says 8 then post back here and I'll tell you what to do.

Latest posts

Back