Greenbacks in Recto Standard Cab for Vintage Tones?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you replace the V30's in the Recto cab with Greenbacks or buy a new Marshall cab?

• Replace V30's in Recto cab with Greenbacks - It'll sound great

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Buy new Marshall cab - Recto cab won't work well with Greenbacks

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Leave it as is - Greenbacks not important for these tones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zen Guitar

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to post this in the forum, so please forgive me if this is the wrong section...

I've recently added a Marshall JMP50 50w Plexi style amp to my arsenal for vintage tones Beano, Cream, Bonamassa, Hendrix, etc.

Ideally I would also add a vintage style Marshall 4x12 1960a cab loaded with Greenbacks, but space and funds are limited. I currently have a Recto Standard (large) 4x12 slant cab and was considering replacing the V30's already in it with Greenbacks.

I was wondering if this cab would work well with Greenbacks for the sounds I'm after, given its bigger dimensions and different sound than an old Marshall cab?

Anyone with experience here?

Thanks!

I use G12M-25s with various amps, and they bring a certain somethin' somethin' to the mix. A natural crunch with some transient harmonics that V30s just don't have. Definetly gives up the vintage vibe.

Unfortunately, I've never tried them in a Recto Std cab. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't work. The tone might not be identical to an old Marshall cab, but it doesn't mean the results would sound worse... just different.

Latest posts

Back