Bugera any good.?.?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've getting back into playing the guitar again after more than a 12 year layoff, and I'm thinking of getting a new bugera 6262 head. I owned a peavey 5150 half stack in the late 90s and I loved it, but I have my reason for not getting one again. I would rather pay 550 for a new bugera 6262 head knowing that if it takes a **** I have a 3 year warranty to fall back on, than pay 600+ for a used 5150/6505, and if it takes a **** I'm screwed. My questions are I have heard that the problems with the bugera amps turning into homemade pyrotechnics has been fixed, any owners back this up?? Also, I know what the 5150 sounds like, anyone tell me what the 6262 sounds like and of how close to the 5150 it really is?? Any and all advice is appreciated. :roll:

The 6262 is more like the 5150II. Brighter and not as massive in the low end. The bugera 6260 is the 5150 copy.

I have been considering an alternative to Mesa for a third amp. Have you seen "the tone king" on you-tube? He has done some good reviews on the Bugera amps, Carvin V3, and a comparison of the Mesa rectifier to the newer versions. The sound quality of his studio is close to the real thing ( I have seen countless you-tube videos that sound like crap, more than likely due to quality of recording equipment). There may be a review of the 62xx on the site.

Since then, I have been looking into Bugera . Seems like the infinium tech adds more issues. Not sure how successful it is. One bad report goes farther than 100 great reviews or success stories.

bandit2013 said:
Have you seen "the tone king" on you-tube?

Good heavens I wish I hadn't. Awful reviews.

Here, 6262 vs. 5150II, decide for yourself. I personally prefer the 5150 but I think you could easily tweak the Bugera to sound closer.

I think Bugera is good bang for buck, wouldn't use it as amp #1 or even #2, but definitely worth if you need an amp that sounds alright that you can bang about :mrgreen:

I never said they were the best. However, he does bring out some of the good sounds on the amps he tries out. When I was looking for information on Bugera, I discovered the tone king. Bugera did not have any media clips on their amps. There is also guitar world too. Even sweetwater has vendor video of their products. I saw one on the EVH amp. I was not impressed by it. I believe if I get another amp and if it is a non mesa amp, it will be a Carvin V3 or the V3MC. I am still looking at other options including the trans atlantic or mini rectifier. I really do not need anything else since I have a Mark V half stack.

SmashinTestEsWifTone said:
I've getting back into playing the guitar again after more than a 12 year layoff, and I'm thinking of getting a new bugera 6262 head. I owned a peavey 5150 half stack in the late 90s and I loved it, but I have my reason for not getting one again. I would rather pay 550 for a new bugera 6262 head knowing that if it takes a sh!t I have a 3 year warranty to fall back on, than pay 600+ for a used 5150/6505, and if it takes a sh!t I'm screwed. My questions are I have heard that the problems with the bugera amps turning into homemade pyrotechnics has been fixed, any owners back this up?? Also, I know what the 5150 sounds like, anyone tell me what the 6262 sounds like and of how close to the 5150 it really is?? Any and all advice is appreciated. :roll:

The Bugera I worked on needed updating. It would not continue to work without some modification.
And I observed, it's a copy of Mesa Boogie, made in China.
However when I fixed it, it sounded killer. One of the best sounding Chinese amps for sure.

I had a brand new 6262 and it sounded great at home and at its first rehearsal. At the gig it lasted about 30minutes and then burned out completely. I took it back and they didn't even offer to fix it, they just gave me an automatic refund and have stopped selling Bugera products.

Rocker Billy 77 said:
I had a brand new 6262 and it sounded great at home and at its first rehearsal. At the gig it lasted about 30minutes and then burned out completely. I took it back and they didn't even offer to fix it, they just gave me an automatic refund and have stopped selling Bugera products.

Like many other products produced in China,
Bugera amps are not designed for continuous operation.
Certain parts on the circuit board overheat and fail.
Although it would have been rather easy to prevent that...

Like many other amps produced in China, and sold by "Music Group,"
There is no parts support.
Many dealers have stopped selling Music Group Products, because Music Group is so difficult to deal with.
(Music Group is essentially Behringer, that does not support customers in the field.)

Fender, Peavey, Marshall, GK, and many others support their customers with parts and schematics...in the field...
Music Group will not do that.
So the next time you buy an amplifier, I recommend you consider the manufacturer's commitment to their own customers.
(or complete lack of commitment, etc...)

No offense but......I think it is grossly unfair to compare the chances of a Bugera taking a dump to the chances that a Peavey will take a dump. Most of those Peavey amps will be making loud rock n roll long after Bugera is but a whisper in the wind......

For an extra $50 bucks I'd take that Peavey in a heartbeat.

soundchaser59 said:
No offense but......I think it is grossly unfair to compare the chances of a Bugera taking a dump to the chances that a Peavey will take a dump. Most of those Peavey amps will be making loud rock n roll long after Bugera is but a whisper in the wind......

For an extra $50 bucks I'd take that Peavey in a heartbeat.

Yeah, Peavey makes quality stuff that will last. Lower price, but good reputation.

Latest posts

Back