Slant Recto 4x12 and widebody 1x12 cab Sound with Mark V???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricorocks

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone know what a Mesa Mark V Head and a Slant Recto 4x12 loaded with V30’s would sound like combined with a 1x12 C90 speaker - widebody - closed back -front ported mesa cab???? Do you guys think it would have to much bass? Also do you think the single C90 speaker would get along with the 4 - V30’s in the Recto??? Would it be difficult to GEQ. thanks for all your great help . Rock till you drop!!! :shock: :shock:

The V30 sensitivity is higher than that of the C90. Including other speakers like EVM12L. You will or may not even hear the C90 in combination with a 412-V30. By the time you get the volume up loud enough for a good sound from the C90, the V30's will be flubbering. I never played my MarkIV combo with the C90 and the 412 cab at the same time. I used either one or the other.

The thing to keep in mind when talking sensitivity is that in this configuration 45w will be going into the MC90 while each V30 is only going to get 11.25w (45w÷4=11.25).

As for the bottom end... the closed back/front ported 1x12 cab has very little bottom end when compared to a Recto 4x12.

I'll give it a shot later today.

Back