Rivera KR7 Midi trouble

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesarec83

Reaction score
hey guys,
got myself a rivera KR7 and holy hell it's an amazing amp, but i'm having problems setting up the channel switching, this amp has a midi cotroller for the head, and as i run a GCP a GCX and a G major 2 i was thinking it should be relatively easy to hook it all up....
well..... i was wrong!
something to do with the G-major only sending PC messages when the rivera needs PC AND CC messages and all sorts of madness....
so if anyone has ANY help on this subject i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Hey,

Not sure how your midi setup is working at the moment but you seem to have a Ground Control Pro so I would cut the G Major out of the equation as the midi manager the GCP is way superior to the G Major. To use the GCP do the following:

• On each of the midi devices you want to control set a unique channel number (1-16), so G Major = 1, Rivera = 2 etc.

Set up the GCP so that it knows what devices are on each channel (main GCP setup).

On the GCP set each patch to control the aspect of configured midi items you want for that patch individually so say on patch 1 you want the G Major to be on its internal patch 12 (on midi channel 1), and the Rivera is to be on the distorted channel (on midi channel 2). Enter the patch setup and set the devices you named in step 2 to the correct values according to their midi guides – save and hey presto!

To do all of this you will need the GCP setup Manual (http://www.voodoolab.com/manuals/ground_control_pro_manual.pdf). It’s worth noting that the GCP has a main setup and a patch by patch setup and it can take a while to get what is setup in each sorted out in your head – it’s well worth it it’s a great bit of kit!

Unfortunately I’m not near my gear at the moment of I could tell you more accurately what you need to do on the GCP but it is all in the setup guide.

Also once you get the GCP setup to your liking get a midi bulk dump in case you need to restore it!

The guys at Voodoo Labs are very helpful as well!

Latest posts

Back