NEED HELP! Parallel Speaker Outputs!? Speaker wiring?! Huh?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megawar

Reaction score
Hey guys!
In looking to get a EVH 5150 III 50 watt head. On the back off it, It's has 2 Parallel Speaker output jacks and a switch for 4, 8, and 16 ohms. Explain to me what is Parallel speaker output?!

Well actually, see if you can help me here first! I have a 2x12 cab with 2 WGS Veteran 30s speakers. 8. Ohms each, and wired in series for a total impendence of 16 ohms. Do all I have to do is plug 1 speaker cable into either left or right output jack on th EVH head into my 2x12 cab and flick the switc on the head to 16 ohm?

Megawar said:
Hey guys!
In looking to get a EVH 5150 III 50 watt head. On the back off it, It's has 2 Parallel Speaker output jacks and a switch for 4, 8, and 16 ohms. Explain to me what is Parallel speaker output?!

Well actually, see if you can help me here first! I have a 2x12 cab with 2 WGS Veteran 30s speakers. 8. Ohms each, and wired in series for a total impendence of 16 ohms. Do all I have to do is plug 1 speaker cable into either left or right output jack on th EVH head into my 2x12 cab and flick the switc on the head to 16 ohm?

The answer is yes, switch the speaker output jack switch from the 5150 to 16 and plug your 16 cab into it. here's a quick illustration of parallel speaker wiring:

8ohms + 8ohms paralleled = 4ohms
8ohms + 8ohms series = 16ohms
8ohms + 8ohms +8ohms + 8ohms series + paralleled = 8ohms

Back