Matrix Amplification

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig your user name also. Good Ale. And mixed with Guiness Stout makes a wicked Black and Tan. I mean no disrespect if B&T offends you.

Ron

Hi Guys,

Its OK B&T doesn't worry me.

My Fav drink at the moment young and old is Newcastle Brown Ale so use Newcastlebrown as a nick.

I use a mesa 20/20 in my rig and was thinking of replaceing it with a matrix amp but maybe i won't.

Cheers Dan

Hi folks,

I tried the GT1000FX(2U)....with my Triaxis as well as with my ADA MP-1 and MP-2 preamps.
The GT1000FX gets as close sound-wise to the sound of a *real* tube amp as possible. It was no big deal and sounded pretty convincing with the ADAs, keeping in mind that they deliver that hot-rodded Marshall flavor.

It sounds ok with the Triaxis as well...as does any other tube poweramp (Engl, Marshall, Carvin, Randall,....)
But personally I´m used to the combination of Triaxis and 2:90 with all its SimulClass magic (in particular; TungSol EL-34B in the Class A and TungSol 6L6CG-STR in the Class AB sockets) and the options of the 3 voicings, and compared to that the GT1000FX stands no chance (imho).

I´ll keep the GT1000FX as a redundacy (it sounds ways better than my old Rocktron Velocity 150....) but my main poweramp for the Triaxis remains the 2:90.

Hi there,

I have just bought a matrix convinced by comments from others and the people a matrix that it would be for me.

I was hopeing and expecting to be convinced that the sound was for me but i don't think it is sadly and will be probabally sending it back in the next couple of days and asking for a refund which matrix offer you if your not happy.

I use a Axe2 into a mesa 20/20 and after a few days of testing and experimenting swapping between the two amps change eq setting and paches etc i think i'am keeping my mesa in my rack.

To my ears and feel the mesa adds just that little bit of something to the excellent sounds from the axe.

Cheers Dan

Latest posts

Back