Dean Markley Signature Series 120

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madnova73

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on these? I can get one in a trade and was wondering about its quality.

well i did the trade for it and its absolutely bamf. it was designed after the jcm800 2203 master vol. only difference being 120 watt and 6l6 vs el34s. i had it gone completly through and had a head shell made for it since it did not come with it. apparently clapton and lifeson and others used these in the mid eighties.

I've always kind of wanted one of those. I bought one of their hybrid models in 1985 before I knew what I was doing! It's not a bad amp, but I'm sure it's not like the all tube version. If you need a matching 4x12 cab let me know!

I've got the hybrid model which I think is a DR-40. Rack mount. They sound pretty cool.

i almost got one of the dr80 rackmount hybrids but the deal fell through. i am actually having a 2x12 made of ash to match the head shell i had made. will post some pics here shortly. but i might be interested in the 4x12 ill let ya know. btw i traded a 2x12 kusom double barrel combo that i paid 100 for, score!

100_1589_zpsfac67328-1_zpscf190a57.jpg

Nice! I do miss mine, don't see them around too much anymore. Mine had a footswitch jack added that was wired to the 12dB boost circuit.

actually mines at the shop right now for just that purpose. Mostly because the button for mine is starting to not wanna stay engaged, but quick access as well. Mostly i just wanna use it as a slight boost for leads.

I have had my I20 for years and it still works fine.

It sounds better with single coil pickups and fine as a poweramp.

I can still recall the day I found it at the music store. It looked cool so I tried it with a nearby guitar and I took my own Strat with me + some effects some days later. After a test drive I yelled to my sales guy that we got a deal to make so the Marshall JCM900 got traded in along with some cash. That must have been around '95 or so.

it truly is a great amp. i use it slightly gritty with channel 2 on my dual rec for classic sounds or a bit more gain for some 80's rock. currently having a 2x12 built of ashwood to match. i have some choices as far as speakers though, i have a set of mesa c90's, peavey scorpions(200w versions), or some eminence made jaguars(100w versions). what do u guys think?

Back