VH Brown sound attempt: Cameron Atomica Proto-Type

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachman

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_JVL91V3OE&feature=g-all&context=G20ac8dcFAAAAAAAAAAA

IMAG0341-1.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

atomicafront.jpg

atomicarearleft.jpg

atomicarearr.jpg

atomicaandpreprocharvel.jpg

zpatomica.jpg

atomicarear.jpg

cool stuff,Zman...I got a Bray amp last yr for the same application....the effects are def. part of the puzzle for the ol' brown tone, and your setup with the Cameron sounds good...you were in the room, so are you satisfied with the overall result?were you inspired in the brownish way?

lesterpaul said:
cool stuff,Zman...I got a Bray amp last yr for the same application....the effects are def. part of the puzzle for the ol' brown tone, and your setup with the Cameron sounds good...you were in the room, so are you satisfied with the overall result?were you inspired in the brownish way?

Thanks... Absolutely, blown away with this amp. No recording trickery done. That is how it sounds in the room, but for-- there were only 2 mics one 57 on the dry cab, and a 20 yo radio shack condenser mic on only one of the wet cabs, both straight into the video camera. A bit more 3D spatial affect in the room, but the tone was captured at whisper volumes. When I turn it up, it gets better. FUN stuff. :wink:

thats what i dig about the Bray-killer tone at low volume-i heard David Bray play mine with his guitar thru greenbacks, and it nailed the brown-my setup was different,but it still sounded badass-add a few greenies, and a little delay(and I mean a little..analog tape delay 35ms in front of amp via my Strymon ) and it really started to get there(mind you my guitars aren't superstrats...but Ed did record with explorer and V,etc...I am down to a Les Paul and a half,and a Tm Anderson Tele after tornadoes)I am gonna drop a lower output Alnico II in an axe and I should be closer...the clean sustain low gain thing Eddie gets on his solos is where I really get the whole "tone is in the hands" thing-his hands are so strong, and his attack so unique
-enjoy

lesterpaul said:
thats what i dig about the Bray-killer tone at low volume-i heard David Bray play mine with his guitar thru greenbacks, and it nailed the brown-my setup was different,but it still sounded badass-add a few greenies, and a little delay(and I mean a little..analog tape delay 35ms in front of amp via my Strymon ) and it really started to get there(mind you my guitars aren't superstrats...but Ed did record with explorer and V,etc...I am down to a Les Paul and a half,and a Tm Anderson Tele after tornadoes)I am gonna drop a lower output Alnico II in an axe and I should be closer...the clean sustain low gain thing Eddie gets on his solos is where I really get the whole "tone is in the hands" thing-his hands are so strong, and his attack so unique
-enjoy

I use a plate or hall reverb w/ a 100mS predelay time, and set the delay to around 220mS. The guitar I used in the video has a Dimarzio Super Distortion PU installed, and I have another w/ a Duncan '78. My Gibson LP is stock PAF's, and my GMW Floyd Paul has a Duncan, (I just forget which one). My cabs are all loaded w/ G12-H30's.

Ya, technique can coax out stuff (or not) depending... assuming the gear has that potential to be realized, using the right touch/technique/attitude.

Back