Framus Cobra Video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know you were friends with those guys. I talked to Buz the other day about his new guitar.

P.S. I think everyone hates Cobra's. Might as well buy a Diezel or Mesa and set the extra money on fire.

I like them Cobras, but they always seem like metal amps, not so much as versatile as a Mesa per se. Nonetheless, I still want to own a Cobra someday... 8)

Nice vid!

My Cobra didn't last long. I bought it because of all of the hype...but as soon as I plugged it in at rehearsal I was completely drowned out of the mix. Fizzy, boomy (not in the good way) and no midrange. It only lasted two gigs before I sold it and bought a Roadster.

I've had 3 Cobras. Key word is 'had'. First one, bad tube stressed bad capacitor went POP. Second couldn't get a decent sound out of it. Third I figured it was my fault and bought it again. These things seriously take little time to figure out but when you've got that lined out and crank it WAY up, hold on. Serious brootalz. Really though, it's just a punisher but you've got to crank the **** out of it to get it to work. I traded the 2nd one for the TriRec and sold the 3rd for a Mark IV. Those Framus amps are a little tempermental, but learn to sprechen sie deutsch with earplugs and you'll be crushing in no time. For me, I'll stick with my Mark V and Racktofier. Anyone can get the Mesa tone but that's part of the beauty, you can expect the thing to turn on every day and still sound good at volumes that won't cause permanent hearing loss!

Kenny

Back