NAD!!! Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupie666

Reaction score
Well my little tubemeister came today. My fiancee has got me it for christmas (Love or what? She just feeds my addiction :lol: ). First impression is I'm very impressed. Single set of tone controls, but works well across both channels, and the lead boost really thickens things up. I'm loving the power soak on it as well. really makes it usuable at bedroom levels. Think it may take the place of my subway rocket... And! It glows blue. Very happy. Will post pics soon and report back after the honeymoon period is over...

Nice score. I have heard many good things. How is the gain WITHOUT the boost?

The gain without the boost, in my humble opinion is pretty good. Its not mesa high gain sounds but its thick and clear. I would maybe compare it to a marshally gain sound, rather than mesa high gain.(NOt that it sounds like either!) If u put a tube screamer in as a boost it works pretty well. FWIW I think this little thing punches well above its weight, its so small! and last night i was able to put it to 1 watt, play till around 10pm and it sounded pretty good without disturbing the neighbours! It also has the TSC which is a tube safety circuit, which i can vouch for as one of the el84s it came with was broken (in the process of dealing with that!) and the amp fired onto one valve so it would get you trough the gig. Mesa El84s in now and it ROARS!

Back