NAD - Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Rolf

Reaction score
Just took delivery of this Friday and haven't been able to stop playing through it! This is my first amp that uses KT88 power tubes.
It's 90Watts and is a beast! I've noticed that the KT88's offer crystal clear notes with tons of bottom end and headroom. Strike a low note on the clean channel and it's like a punch in the chest. The second channel dirties up very nicely even at low volumes. This also has a boost, bright, mode (for an in-your-face touch) and a dial called Excursion that acts very much like the "loudness" button on older stereo amplifiers whereby it adds bass for low volumes. I can't say enough about the Custom Shop at Bogner. Yes, it's a bit pricy at $2,400.00 (head only option) but has a lifetime warranty. Overall I am super happy about my purchase and highly recommend it for it's versatility alone.

BognerShivaCustomShop.jpg

SUCH A GREAT AMP....
i'd love to add one alongside my mark2b

perfect complement for me.

congrats

This amp has been on my "watch" list for quite a while.

Could you compare it's tones to other amps, especially any Mesa's you've tried?

Nomad100 said:
This amp has been on my "watch" list for quite a while.

Could you compare it's tones to other amps, especially any Mesa's you've tried?

The tone is unlike any Mesa, Marshall, Orange, Vox I have ever tried. This is my first amp that uses the KT88 power tubes. The cleans just sparkle with tons of bottom end. It's like a sharp solid punch in the chest. VERY clear on the clean channel but as I stated, SO much bottom and headroom. It just sounds......BIG. That's the best I can describe it. And the dirty channel not only can give you that good old fashion crunch but does it with NO muddiness. It's TIGHT. Then there's the Mode button which the best I can describe it is like an added rectifier. It give it an In-Your-Face tone. In fact, that's how the manual describes it.

This is the most versatile amp I have ever owned. You asked me what I can compare it to? Well, that's the main reason I bought it. I didn't want it to sound like anything else. I'm afraid that this is my main amp now. Sorry Mesa.

Nice review.

Your comments are exactly what I was afraid of... as I'm seriously gassing for this amp now.
The ones I've heard (on YouTube or another forum) sounded like my modded JCM 800 (with 6550 tubes), which is my own personal "Holy Grail" tone. Problem is, I need more than one channel, hence a 20th Anniv Shiva?

20th Shiva's are on my hit list. I had just purchased a regular Shiva and a month latter they came out with the 20th. That amp is a BEAST. HAppy New Amp Day!!!! What cab are you running it through?

I'm running it through the Bogner 2X12 closed back. Love it. Lots of THUMP.

fishyfishfish said:
20th Shiva's are on my hit list. I had just purchased a regular Shiva and a month latter they came out with the 20th. That amp is a BEAST. HAppy New Amp Day!!!! What cab are you running it through?

Latest posts

Back