Yamaha thr10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coupie666

Reaction score
Ok so I'm a bit of a snob and usually am a HUGE Mesa fanboy but... They are quite loud in the house yadda yadda yadda. Anyone experienced these little Yamaha thr10s? YouTube videos make it sound awsome! And at sensible volume too...

Yeah,the video from Anderton's was what got my attention.Hopefully,I can check one out at Winter NAMM in january.

Ed

Tried the THR5 at SamAsh sounds really impressive! way better than those small digital combo's..

coupie666 said:
Ok so I'm a bit of a snob and usually am a HUGE Mesa fanboy but... They are quite loud in the house yadda yadda yadda. Anyone experienced these little Yamaha thr10s? YouTube videos make it sound awsome! And at sensible volume too...
A 10 watt amp like the Yamaha is just half as loud as a 100 watt amp.
Or, a 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt amp.
Still plenty o' volume to annoy the neighbors.

Will buy one as soon as it arrives. Have tried both and they sound and feel awesome! Need a small amp for university. Will write review.

applies to tubes, yes, not solid state power.

gonzo said:

applies to tubes, yes, not solid state power.

True.

Let me update by saying it has left the storage FINALLY and will arrive by the end of this week. It better... or else! :evil:

I've been toying around with the THR-5 and it sounds just as good, perhaps a little less huge but still HUGE. Miss the BMT controls though.

I picked up aTHR10 about a month ago. It took me awhile to track one down in a music store in my area. Plugging a Yamaha Pacifica(that's the best guitar they had) into it, within minutes i knew i had to have this amp. It sounds as good or better than the demos on Youtube. It doesn't take the place of my MKIV but for what it is, a small portable battery operated amp that sounds killer at low volumes, has great effects and is pretty loud for 10 watts. The only thing i disliked about it was how the effects are adjusted on the amp but if you download the driver and software you can plug the THR into your computer and adjust the effects even more plus there is a noise gate,two types of compression,more types of reverb that aren't accessible from the THR's front panel. The THR 10 also has 5 presets to store your sounds from the front panel. The editor has some preset sounds that can be loaded into the THR and extra slots for your own presets. Very nice amp.

Back