NAD VHT Special 6

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendo

Reaction score
Ordered one of the VHT Special 6. What a special little fella this is. Very happy with the purchase. Single ended 12AX7/6V6. Comes with a footswitch to turn the boost circuit on. Point to Point eyelet board. Already upgraded the tubes with a Mesa pre and a GT 6V6. Done there. Sounds great. Sounds amazing through my Mesa cab.

P9102295.jpg

I've had one of these for a year and it's a great little amp- especially for the price. I use it with a dirt box for teaching lessons and small rehearsals- sounds great with all my Mesa cabs. I haven't changed the stock tubes yet. Did it drastically improve the tone? BTW-Don't be surprised if you an encounter a hater or two here who wants to bash this amp because it's not a Fryette.

I wouldn't say drastically. But enough to sweeten the tone. The stock tubes were a little sterile. And since I had spare tubes wtfn. :)

I won't be surprised by it. Fryette or not, it's a great little amp.

giantstepjoe said:
bendo said:
Fryette or not, it's a great little amp.

+1. Exactly.

+1.

I was in the market for one of these but I couldn't REALLY justify having it... Next year if all is well I'm moving to a different city to study so it's nice to see this amp getting love, I know what my apartment will probably be "equipped" with :mrgreen:

My stock 6v6 blew a couple weeks ago and I got a mesa 6v6 to replace it and it sounds alot better than the stock tube. In addition a buddy of mine gave me a no name 6v6 that was made in australia in the '60s that was pulled from a ham radio that is so warm and sweet sounding it makes the Mesa tube sound a little sterile. It's a shame really- this tube is on its way out- it pops makes a number of another noises that I've grown accustomed to hearing when a tube is nearly shot-but when it's not acting up it just might be the greatest sounding tube I've ever heard.

Latest posts

Back