Bugera 6260 - The End Of Heartache (cover)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluff191

Reaction score
Had my buddy's Bugera 6260 for the weekend (its a 5150 clone) and made a vid demo of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQxAbbg2dm4

Signal Chain:

Schecter Solo6>Bugera>Mesa 4x12>Line6 UX2>Reaper

You used to own a 5150 head, right? How does this compare? I've been wanting a 5150 but I'd rather get this if I can save a few hundred bucks.

Yeah I have owned a 5150, 5150II and a 6505+ and the Bugera actually sounded better (I hate to say it) then any of the Peavey amps.

I should note I re-tubed the amp with an EH in V1 and the rest with Chinese Penta tubes and it woke the amp up.

Very nice, quintessential modern tone. Tight playing as well, good job!

fluff191 said:
I should note I re-tubed the amp with an EH in V1 and the rest with Chinese Penta tubes and it woke the amp up.

YES! I love it when I see this "formula" of EH+Chinese works good in other amps for other people too. :mrgreen:

No kidding, you preferred the Bugera? Holy ****, never would have thought. I played the 6262 combo and I wasn't blown away, but then again, I don't like combos (I loved the 6505 head+cab combo though).

I have been eyeing the 6260 as well, and I agree a retube will probably do the amp some good, but there is just one thing that concerns me and I want to ask you about:
I have heard that while Bugera amps are great, they have reliability issues, notably the trannies... would you deem this amp reliable or should I say, would you trust this amp for at least a full setlist?

Yeah I have heard the build quality internally on these things can be questionable. I am not sure I would gig with one of these without a backup.

Latest posts

Back