Fender Super Sonic 22

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifailedshapes

Reaction score
I want one.

I went to a local music store to try a couple G&L guitars and played them through a Super Sonic 22 as I felt it would most closely match my Stiletto (they don't have many nice amps), and I LOVED IT! I'm thinking hard about putting my Ace up for sale, even though I just got it.

Seriously, go try one. You'll love it.

I tried one recently and liked it a lot! The clean sound is great, the dirty sound is very flexible. It's pretty light, too. The only thing that I didn't like is there is only a single volume control on the clean channel. I like to set my amp up with an edgy clean sound. I installed a master on my Vibrolux Reverb so I could do that.

You and I are similar in that regard. If I had a grand to blow, I would own that amp, but since I don't have that much spare money (or any, LOL) I concluded that I'm not making any trades for it. The clean channel is beautiful, but not versatile enough for how I like things.

This amp has got my interest up also. Dual gain controls on the dirty channel is a cool feature. I also saw Clapton playing one at the latest Crossroads Festival. Hmmmm......should I trade one of my Marshalls?? I'll have to think about it.

Gtr_Pkr said:
This amp has got my interest up also. Dual gain controls on the dirty channel is a cool feature. I also saw Clapton playing one at the latest Crossroads Festival. Hmmmm......should I trade one of my Marshalls?? I'll have to think about it.

Have you played through one yet? It is a LOUD 22 watts.

You know, i was never able to get a clean enough lead sound out of the lead channel for my tastes. On first blush they seem really cool but the longer you mess with them the more "modern" they seem.

By the way, the Mustang II has a pretty good model of the Super Sonic 22 onboard...

Bob

Havent heard the 22 yet but the 60 is killer. Great cleans. really killer lead tone. The Prosonic rips too.

Bob Womack said:
You know, i was never able to get a clean enough lead sound out of the lead channel for my tastes. On first blush they seem really cool but the longer you mess with them the more "modern" they seem.

By the way, the Mustang II has a pretty good model of the Super Sonic 22 onboard...

Bob

The modern sound is what I like about it. It's a warm modern sound.

I bought a Fender Supersonic 60 watt Blonde Combo last December and 2 weeks ago Bought the big brother the New model, Fender Supersonic 100 watt Twin in blonde as well.

I love them both very much! I have a many tube amps from a liftime of playing (always buy/never sell) and I want to express my appreciation for both of these new Fender amps. Especially this new model SS Twin. It rocks.

I recommend.

Back