Anyone else here watching the cluster over at the Axe Fx

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLBoogie

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching the cluster f**k at the Axe Fx forum? The owner of Fractal Axe Fx called the customers some pretty bad things in the forum yesterday just because some really want to throw $2200.00 at his product right now caused by lots of misinformation on release dates. Getting really heated then the forum moderators delete or move any posts that say anything negative about how screwed up the ordering process is for the new Axe Fx II. Its the best soap opera going.

JLBoogie said:
Is anyone else watching the cluster f**k at the Axe Fx forum? The owner of Fractal Axe Fx called the customers some pretty bad things in the forum yesterday just because some really want to throw $2200.00 at his product right now caused by lots of misinformation on release dates. Getting really heated then the forum moderators delete or move any posts that say anything negative about how screwed up the ordering process is for the new Axe Fx II. Its the best soap opera going.

Which one? Links, please.

Just watch the Fractal Axe Fx forum website. Most of the action happened yesterday with today being closely watched by the moderators playing post nazi's. It was always a pretty fanatical forum where anyone saying the least negative about the product was pounded by the founders loyal followers. The product is fantastic but the customers relations is questionable.

Must have been deleted.
I must say I find all this editing on forums a bit Big Brother-ish.
But I guess some folks will believe anything if it's on the interwebs.

There's a lot of negativity going on because FA kept a hush on the Axe II right up until the final Axe I was bought and paid for.

People are pissy about it because the Axe I was holding an incredible resale value right up until the Axe II was announced. Now they're stuck holding yesterday's news and angry because of the hit they'll take on resale.

In a way FA has earned the anger. They acted like they had no intention of releasing an updated version, so people bought the original with confidence figuring they'd be secure in their purchase for a little while... only to have FA blind side them with a new product release, hitting their customers in the pocket book and ruining their trust in the company due to what many feel was a diliberate attempt to mislead people until all the original units were sold.

That said... AxeFX owners are also to blame for building a false belief that they'd be able to sell their used Axe FX for near retail prices forever.

I've owned the Ultra model since last November and really like it but did have some problems at the time I bought it with the attitude of one of the Fractal employees and sent a email to them telling them what happened, got no reply. Reading the posts made by the inventor of the Axe Fx on their forum I figured out that they feel they can be rude and get away with it since they have the only product really like it on the market and tell you quick its their rules or else. Say again, fantastic product extremely poor customer relations especially when it comes to this newest product. I could never post that on the Fractal Axe Fx forum website without mega response from the cult like following it has or it would just get removed. Hopefully some other computer/music wiz out there will make a product to compete with them at a better price plus great customer relations that appreciate customers. It would quickly end Fractals reign. And no, line 6 does not even come close I tried.

The computer dorks on the FA forum have some of the strongest Koolaide this side of world of warcraft. If the Axe Fx isn't for you and you say so then you'll be hammered by a thousand "you didn't have good enough (read;$1200) speakers", "you didn't give it enough time (4 months), etc.

I also have to say how great my experiences have been dealing with Mesa's customer service when needed. A actual phone number to call and get polite people who actually will call you back if needed. If anyone saw the Axe Fx owners rant on the forum about shipping where he basically told his customers they were whinners and complaners and if they didn't like his tone don't buy from him. Could never imagine Randall Smith doing such a thing even if he thought it common sense should realize who puts food on the table, your customers. They did remove those comments from the forum after it was met with many outraged customers including me.

The issue is that even after all the ranting and raving pissed off customers are still lining up to buy the new version and will sing it's many praises once it's in their meaty little paws.

You are correct, it will be praised and worshiped by its cult like followers that seem to act more like crack addicts than guitar players. My Ultra unit is awsome and cannot believe there could be that much difference between the two.

Found a copy of what Cliff, the owner and inventer put on the website to his customers:

"How Things Work, Shipping, Etc.

Listen you bunch of indignant whiners:

We can only physically process so many orders a day. If we were to dump 100 units in the store they would undoubtedly sell out that same day. There is no way we could ship 100 units the next day. So then people would be bitching and moaning that their unit hasn't shipped yet.

So we put a certain number of units into the store each day that we know we can fulfill the following day.

Today those units sold out in 90 seconds which I found humorous but those with impaired funny bones took as an affront.

Tomorrow more units will be placed in the store. The next day we will again place units in the store and so on.

This is the way it works. If you don't like it or feel insulted by it or by what I have written then don't buy it.

A lot of you need to check your attitudes at the door. The amount of self-entitlement being displayed is absolutely revolting.
"

Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy about spending $2200.00 on his product?

I can understand his point of view. Yeah, from a customer service perspective his presentation sucks, but from a personal perspective I don't really have an issue with people telling it like it is.

I actually kind of like the guy better now than I did before reading that.

And he's probably completely right about people whining about not shipping fast enough. This would have been the time for silence is golden from Cliff. He should have just said nothing, IMO.

I would have been honest and up front like Cliff was. However I would have used this thing called tact. Just sayin.

Wow! Calling your high paying customers "indignant whiners"!?!? That's pretty extreme (even if they had it coming)!

Oh get out. Have you guys ever worked in retail before? The arrogance and level of an entitlement complex that most modern day consumers have is absolutely disgusting.

He was completely in the right. Most people in the U.S. are waaaaaaaay too used to having their dicks sucked by every retail monkey in the country to realize that the majority of them are a bunch of whiny and self-entitled assholes.

Now is it bad business? Absolutely. But do you really think that if you had an honest issue and approached him calmly (instead of acting like a bunch of freaks who DESERVE the universe), he would call you an indignant whiner or a *****?

Hell, I'd rather buy an Axe-FX from him after reading that comment than I would have if he'd kept his mouth shut.

b0nkersx is right, working in retail sucks...

I don't have the patience or temperament anymore :twisted:

Wow, it is rare to hear that kind of honesty. I think I also have more respect for them after reading this.

I guess, Cliff is better at designing high tech units than he is at public relations though and thats the way I like it. Can't say the same for the competition :lol:

I left the retail world last week...

I think Cliff is in the green here. If you weren't being an indignant byatch then he wasn't talking to you. He apparently moves enough units not to worry about it.

Can't please everybody.

He doesn't call *ALL* of his customers "indignant whiners".
Only the ones who are indignantly whining.
Poor babies. Welcome to first-adopter-buyer's-remorse.
Boo hoo.
These same consumers have no problem buying the latest cell phone every six months just because someone told them it's "new".

Back