2x10 speaker advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtherealWidow

Reaction score
Looking to get an open back 2x10 cab. What speakers do you guys like? I've heard good things about the G-10's.

Which ones? :) There are four...

G10 Gold
G10 Vintage
G10 Greenback
G10N-40

The G10 Vintage is really dark - it's meant to sound like a V30 but it's even more midrangy and with less top-end; I don't like it on its own, and I haven't tried it mixed with anything else yet. I've heard good things about the Gold and Greenback, although not personally tried them yet; and I don't like the N-40 that much, it sounds a bit 'cheap' compared to the others and reminds me of a G12T-75.

I like the Jensen Mod 10-50 speakers personally for 2x10 or 4x10 cabs, and the Eminence Rajin' Cajun in my 1x10 open back combo sounds really good...

94Tremoverb said:
Which ones? :) There are four...

G10 Gold
G10 Vintage
G10 Greenback
G10N-40

The G10 Vintage is really dark - it's meant to sound like a V30 but it's even more midrangy and with less top-end; I don't like it on its own, and I haven't tried it mixed with anything else yet. I've heard good things about the Gold and Greenback, although not personally tried them yet; and I don't like the N-40 that much, it sounds a bit 'cheap' compared to the others and reminds me of a G12T-75.
I think the Greenback is the one I've been hearing all the good stuff about. I'll have to look into it.
thunda1216 said:
I like the Jensen Mod 10-50 speakers personally for 2x10 or 4x10 cabs, and the Eminence Rajin' Cajun in my 1x10 open back combo sounds really good...
What do you like so much about the Rajin Cajun?

Back