The boogie killer...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theweatherman

Reaction score
The ORANGE TINY TERROR!

at least for me and my style it is... (punk rock/hard rock/classic rock/classic metal)

Ive played and have had many amps over the years. Many wonderful boogies including the recto's, mkv, roadster, electra dyne, dc-5,
f-50, and many marshalls and fenders. ive played on many bogners and other "boutique amps" too many to remember or list. But some how ive never managed to play an orange. played the tiny terror, bought the combo, running it through my mesa recto 2x12 cab and it sounds insane. HUGE wall of warm crunch, lots of nice sweet sustaining gain, and it cleans up beautifully. very responsive to guitar vol changes and pick attack. Amazing little fun amp. Never thought i would have the best tone ive ever had running through an el84 chinese made amp. Dont let that fool you though, this little terror packs a massive punch. Honestly, it sounds much better than any boogie ive played (in the gain department) I am equally amazed and shocked at the same time with this thing. It sounds incredible at low T.V volume levels and just gets better as you crank it to gig levels. I'm sorry to report that this little amp has ruined my love for mesa which has been my number 1 amp company for a very long time. I still respect them however, and will continue to use their cabs cause they sound amazing and look cool, but from now on i'm an orange man

Did you know that Orange has a point to point wired 'boutique' version of the Tiny Terror that is made in the UK!? http://www.orangeamps.com/tiny-terror-hard-wired-edition/

If I got an Orange amp, I'd probably get the Dual Terror because I prefer two channels. Great little head though, and one of my favourites in the lunch box department. My other solution would be to AB the Tiny Terror with a Vox Nighttrain so that I could get great cleans and crunch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsogswrH6ck

hehe

enjoy the terror... more boogies for the rest of us

scott

Orange makes good amps; it's good to hear that you found something you're happy with! Have you checked out the Matamp Minimat? If you like the Tiny Terror, you might like one of those.

fluff191 said:
I am waiting for the Dark Terror. High gain version of the TT.

jeez, i thought i saw an ad for that amp months ago, and it still isn't available?

A friend of mine has an Orange Rocker 30. He's really happy with it. One of my favorite amps is the Rockerverb 50 combo.

Over a 4 or 5 year period I went from Mesa to Orange back to Mesa.

During that time I moved throu an Orange AD30, AD140, Rocker 30 and Rockerverb 50.

The AD30 is one of the coolest amps I've ever owned. Great saggy rock tone of the Led Zeppelin variety. Unfortunately it didn't have quite enough headroom for my needs.

I replaced it with an AD140. I thought it'd be like the AD30, only with more headroom. What it was was stiff and boring sounding.

The Rocker 30 was cool... kind of AC/DC on channel 1 and Judas Priest on channel 2. Not exactly what I needed.

The Rockerverb 50 had a boring clean and a generic sounding distortion. I traded it for another Dual Rectifier and haven't regretted it once. Oddly, I think that amp would've sounded better through a Mesa 4x12 than it did through an Orange 4x12.

The above is one man's opinion so your mileage may vary. I would like to score an AD30R some day.

I've had the rockerverb 50 and no regrets that it's gone. Love the Triple rect i have now

Had the Tiny Terror and moved it. Sounded ok, but didn't have nearly the amount of gain that my Triple Rectifier does, didn't take pedals too well, and was really a one trick pony. That's fine for some, but I wanted more versatility. The TT didn't get much use after I bought my Egnater Rebel 20. The Rebel had the things that the TT did not.

a couple years ago I traded in my 2x12 roadster in favor of a Tiny Terror and 1x12 cab, I fell in love with the orange sound, it just sounds good no matter what, time went on and I upgraded to the Rockerverb 50H and 2x12, and it is the best amp I've played, I recently bought a Mark V head, and have fiddled with it endlessly, I plug back into the 50 and it's just like going home.

+1 for orange

Every amp as his style, I got a DC-2 a Mini recto and a Tiny Terror and they are all good! ... For different thing! To each there own and don't try to get a Ford run like a Ferarrie !

I have to say that I like the TT tone of all low gain stuff ( R.A.T.M ) and like old no massive bass sound like on kill'em all, with the right guitars tome and volume I can get close to that.

Not really a fan of orange but Im glad you found your sound. Im content with my mark V.

I too have a TT in conjunction with my Stiletto Ace Combo and although I wouldn't exactly call it a "Boogie Killer" I do really like the tone. As far as lack of EQ goes (as one post indicated) I just run a Boss GE-7 in front. Oh and even though it does not have an EFX Loop it does take pedals very well in front. Just don't add an Overdrive. It's pointless and just muddies it up. The TT can overdrive itself very well without any help.

purpledc said:
Not really a fan of orange but Im glad you found your sound. Im content with my mark V.

Back