Peavey Classic 50/50 poweramp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytse_jam

Reaction score
I've got a MESA Studio Pre. I'm using it with a mosfet poweramp (Tube Works MosValve MV-962) and I'm very happy with it but I want to turn to tubes also with the poweramp. I often read good things about Peavey Classic 50/50 EL84-powered poweramp and I've got the opportunity to buy one for quite cheap. I found two different models on the net (they're pictured below): any difference between the two? Just cosmetics? Or what is the more desiderable version? I have the chance to buy the one in the upper photo. Thank you.

1858339.jpg

1900708_1293064439.jpg

If you want to be 100% sure and want further info, you need ask questions here: http://forums.peavey.com/viewforum.php?f=19 It's a good site with plenty of helpful people.

By the way, I was going to buy a black and blue one many, many years ago. Read a lot of +ve reviews on it and tested one out. It's pretty good. The multitude of connections alone are worth it. Never bought one though and a few years ago started looking again. Lo and behold, a Mesa 2:50 came along at the right price, not to say the Peavey is not good. As i said, the connections alone are worth it.

Enjoy.

Currently I have a MosValve powering my Triaxis and it sounds great but I keep wondering about going with a tube power amp. One of these 50/50 Peavey's is available locally and I'm wondering if I should give it a try? The other power amp I'm considering is the Boogie 20/20. Do you have any thoughts on that - is it loud enough for a rock band and I've heard that the new versions don't have a lot of bottom (or that you have to do some kind of mod to them).

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Back