The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amp rig pics...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 am 
Single Recto

I think I have yet to share my amp rig pics yet. Here they are...

In the last photo, I only own the Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 head. It's currently in the hands of one of me mates for safekeeping whilst I'm away. The rest are his gear with the exception of both Marshalls, the Slash being an amp he borrowed to use from the music store he is working at...

I do have two other amps that are not in these pics. One would be a Marshall TSL602 combo that I've handed over to my younger brother, and lastly, my first practice amp, a Laney Hardcore Max 30R. Futhermore, not pictured is a XTC module for the Randall RM100KH head...

Post subject: Re: Amp rig pics...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 am 
Mark IV

My wet/dry/wet rig:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:27 am 
Mark I

Here's my rig:

In action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMKusULvuCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeOQ9l_8KQ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 pm 
Single Recto

Sick gear people!!!

cvansickle wrote:
My wet/dry/wet rig:

Do you split the preamp signal from the Stiletto to go to that stereo Carvin poweramp, then run each of those signal into each side cabinets???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:37 pm 
Single Recto

fusionbear wrote:

Nice. I always wanted an Analogman Chorus. I might score one sometime later down the road. For now, I'm quite happy with my Retro-Sonic Chorus in the loop and the micropitch effect from my Eventide Pitchfactor...

Btw, do you run both amps in stereo all the time? How do you use those amps normally???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:31 pm 
Mark I

KH Guitar Freak wrote:
fusionbear wrote:

Nice. I always wanted an Analogman Chorus. I might score one sometime later down the road. For now, I'm quite happy with my Retro-Sonic Chorus in the loop and the micropitch effect from my Eventide Pitchfactor...

Btw, do you run both amps in stereo all the time? How do you use those amps normally???

I run them as a A/B set up. I can run them together, but I prefer them separate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am 
Mark IV

KH Guitar Freak,

Nice collection man!

I'd like to here your take on your Stiletto when compared to your Marshalls.
Pro and cons.

This is my stuff.

’85 Gibson SG ’61 Reissue
Fender American Standard Stratocaster and Telecaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:32 pm 
Single Recto

I have a recto cab too but I cant find a pick of it. You can see it to the left of my randall cab

Lots of other sh!t too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:12 pm 
Single Recto

Riff Blister wrote:
KH Guitar Freak,

Nice collection man!

I'd like to here your take on your Stiletto when compared to your Marshalls.
Pro and cons.

This is my stuff.

Quick pro and cons between my Mesa Stiletto Deuce II head and my Marshalls. Comparing the Stiletto to my Marshall TSL, the Stiletto wins hands down, unless you take into another other factor that might affect a selected few in the public, such as pricing and availability, especially if you need to find a replacement quick for the next upcoming gig. Comparing the Stiletto to the Vintage Modern, I would say they are different enough to warrant trying both out and choosing what you like, or perhaps own both like I do. That being said, the Brit mode on the Roadster sounds more similar IME to the Vintage Modern than the Stiletto. The Roadster does have more of an American voicing to it though, whereas the Vintage Modern just has that JTM45/100 tone in the low dynamic range setting, whilst getting into more of a JCM900SLX territory with the high dynamic range...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 pm 
Single Recto

Update: The amps in the first pic in my original post are still under my posession. Here is another photo of another setup combinations (consists of some of the old amps I still own and some new others)...

Anyway, is there a thread that contains all posted pics of amp rigs by members? That would be something pretty cool to have GAS over by just looking at them... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:03 am 
Mark II

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:48 am 
Mark III

Zachman, this is TremoJem...you slay me!

Excellent pics!

Are you independently wealthy...LOL?

I have been happily married for 30 years and raised two wonderful children.

I have a nice home.

It was not until I was in my 40s that I even owned any respectable gear.

I went thru so much trash it was sick.

At one point I went out and spent a few thousand dollars on a new rig. It was the best I ever had and I used it for some of the best bands I was ever in, but 10 plus years later I sold it all and waited five years to be inspired enough to actually have a semi-pro rig.

So what, I have two Trem-O-Verbs and a GMajor...oh and big deal I have a Jem7VWH and some pedals, then I look at your picks and I just lower my head. LOL

Seriously though, again not kissing ass, but, WOW, what a great collection of tone monsters you have.

I bow to you.

Here is my rig...and yes, I love it and I will keep adding to it, but unless I plant a money tree there is no keeping up with you! Just having some fun with you Brother. I love to see rigs like this. It is like seeing a NFL cheer leading squad, as it is all candy and I want it all at the same time...YIKES!!!

I am looking at getting another Marshall JCM900 and adding another stereo studio rack FX, maybe even another GMajor so that I can stack more effects. There are a lot of used GMajors out there cheap. I did see a Alesis MidiVerb 4 out there, but am not familiar with it, but will check it out.

I am also interested in the Lonestar combo (100W). I have to demo it though, but the samples online sound killer.

Oh well espousing my wish list does not make it happen, so later and best to you and yours Zachman.

Assorted Tubes
Series FXLoop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm 
Mark II

TremoJem wrote:
Zachman, this is TremoJem...you slay me!

Excellent pics!

Are you independently wealthy...LOL?

I have been happily married for 30 years and raised two wonderful children.

I have a nice home.

It was not until I was in my 40s that I even owned any respectable gear.

I went thru so much trash it was sick.

At one point I went out and spent a few thousand dollars on a new rig. It was the best I ever had and I used it for some of the best bands I was ever in, but 10 plus years later I sold it all and waited five years to be inspired enough to actually have a semi-pro rig.

So what, I have two Trem-O-Verbs and a GMajor...oh and big deal I have a Jem7VWH and some pedals, then I look at your picks and I just lower my head. LOL

Seriously though, again not kissing ass, but, WOW, what a great collection of tone monsters you have.

I bow to you.

Here is my rig...and yes, I love it and I will keep adding to it, but unless I plant a money tree there is no keeping up with you! Just having some fun with you Brother. I love to see rigs like this. It is like seeing a NFL cheer leading squad, as it is all candy and I want it all at the same time...YIKES!!!

I am looking at getting another Marshall JCM900 and adding another stereo studio rack FX, maybe even another GMajor so that I can stack more effects. There are a lot of used GMajors out there cheap. I did see a Alesis MidiVerb 4 out there, but am not familiar with it, but will check it out.

I am also interested in the Lonestar combo (100W). I have to demo it though, but the samples online sound killer.

Oh well espousing my wish list does not make it happen, so later and best to you and yours Zachman.

Aloha my friend,

I'm not independently wealthy yet, but I do alright. :wink:

Seriously though, in 1991, I sold most of my gear to fund a child custody battle (We won-- my son and I), and it took nearly 15 years to get it back, perhaps a few extras too, to make up for the long absence.

I've been at this for a LONG time, and have been with some of this gear for 20+ years. I'm 46 now, and started in the late 70's.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. They are MOST appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:22 am 
Mark III

Zachman,

That's some seriously great stuff. Congrats. Are you teasing about the Ferrari...?? If not, good for you to get to where you are. I admire people that work to get to a position to be comfortable.

TremoJem,

Don't 'despair'..... it's not easy to raise a family, own a home, pay all the bills, school fees etc. You've invested in your family, the most important thing. You're well ahead of the game. Many are in their 60's that finally pay off the mortgage. Hold head high....

I really need to take a 'family' shot of my music gear..... The stupid thing is, I like photography...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:10 am 
Mark III

Blaklynx & Zachman, I thank you both for your kind words.

I am blessed with a great family and for what it's worth all the best gear in the world will not make me sound any better...playing and practicing will, so I better do the gear I have justice and get to it.

Best to both of you.

Assorted Tubes
Series FXLoop