Amp rig pics...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KH Guitar Freak

Reaction score
I think I have yet to share my amp rig pics yet. Here they are...

IMG_0294.jpg

P1130885.jpg

In the last photo, I only own the Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 head. It's currently in the hands of one of me mates for safekeeping whilst I'm away. The rest are his gear with the exception of both Marshalls, the Slash being an amp he borrowed to use from the music store he is working at...

I do have two other amps that are not in these pics. One would be a Marshall TSL602 combo that I've handed over to my younger brother, and lastly, my first practice amp, a Laney Hardcore Max 30R. Futhermore, not pictured is a XTC module for the Randall RM100KH head...

Here's my rig:

IMG_2845.jpg

In action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMKusULvuCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeOQ9l_8KQ

Sick gear people!!!

cvansickle said:
My wet/dry/wet rig:

Rack07-02.jpg

Do you split the preamp signal from the Stiletto to go to that stereo Carvin poweramp, then run each of those signal into each side cabinets???

fusionbear said:
Here's my rig:

IMG_2845.jpg

In action:

Nice. I always wanted an Analogman Chorus. I might score one sometime later down the road. For now, I'm quite happy with my Retro-Sonic Chorus in the loop and the micropitch effect from my Eventide Pitchfactor...

Btw, do you run both amps in stereo all the time? How do you use those amps normally???

KH Guitar Freak said:
fusionbear said:
Here's my rig:

IMG_2845.jpg

In action:

Nice. I always wanted an Analogman Chorus. I might score one sometime later down the road. For now, I'm quite happy with my Retro-Sonic Chorus in the loop and the micropitch effect from my Eventide Pitchfactor...

Btw, do you run both amps in stereo all the time? How do you use those amps normally???

I run them as a A/B set up. I can run them together, but I prefer them separate.

KH Guitar Freak,

Nice collection man!

I'd like to here your take on your Stiletto when compared to your Marshalls.
Pro and cons.

P1010635.jpg

P1000953.jpg

Budda2.jpg

This is my stuff.

I have a recto cab too but I cant find a pick of it. You can see it to the left of my randall cab

rig3-11.jpg

Tverb.jpg

Riff Blister said:
KH Guitar Freak,

Nice collection man!

I'd like to here your take on your Stiletto when compared to your Marshalls.
Pro and cons.

P1010635.jpg

P1000953.jpg

Budda2.jpg

This is my stuff.

Quick pro and cons between my Mesa Stiletto Deuce II head and my Marshalls. Comparing the Stiletto to my Marshall TSL, the Stiletto wins hands down, unless you take into another other factor that might affect a selected few in the public, such as pricing and availability, especially if you need to find a replacement quick for the next upcoming gig. Comparing the Stiletto to the Vintage Modern, I would say they are different enough to warrant trying both out and choosing what you like, or perhaps own both like I do. That being said, the Brit mode on the Roadster sounds more similar IME to the Vintage Modern than the Stiletto. The Roadster does have more of an American voicing to it though, whereas the Vintage Modern just has that JTM45/100 tone in the low dynamic range setting, whilst getting into more of a JCM900SLX territory with the high dynamic range...

Update: The amps in the first pic in my original post are still under my posession. Here is another photo of another setup combinations (consists of some of the old amps I still own and some new others)...

IMG_0891.jpg

Anyway, is there a thread that contains all posted pics of amp rigs by members? That would be something pretty cool to have GAS over by just looking at them... :lol:

Zachman, this is TremoJem...you slay me!

Excellent pics!

Are you independently wealthy...LOL?

I have been happily married for 30 years and raised two wonderful children.

I have a nice home.

It was not until I was in my 40s that I even owned any respectable gear.

I went thru so much trash it was sick.

At one point I went out and spent a few thousand dollars on a new rig. It was the best I ever had and I used it for some of the best bands I was ever in, but 10 plus years later I sold it all and waited five years to be inspired enough to actually have a semi-pro rig.

So what, I have two Trem-O-Verbs and a GMajor...oh and big deal I have a Jem7VWH and some pedals, then I look at your picks and I just lower my head. LOL

Seriously though, again not kissing ***, but, WOW, what a great collection of tone monsters you have.

I bow to you.

Here is my rig...and yes, I love it and I will keep adding to it, but unless I plant a money tree there is no keeping up with you! Just having some fun with you Brother. I love to see rigs like this. It is like seeing a NFL cheer leading squad, as it is all candy and I want it all at the same time...YIKES!!!

6883327784_abaccafa32_b.jpg

6883325966_fe3720fceb_b.jpg

I am looking at getting another Marshall JCM900 and adding another stereo studio rack FX, maybe even another GMajor so that I can stack more effects. There are a lot of used GMajors out there cheap. I did see a Alesis MidiVerb 4 out there, but am not familiar with it, but will check it out.

I am also interested in the Lonestar combo (100W). I have to demo it though, but the samples online sound killer.

Oh well espousing my wish list does not make it happen, so later and best to you and yours Zachman.

TremoJem said:

Excellent pics!

I have a nice home.

At one point I went out and spent a few thousand dollars on a new rig. It was the best I ever had and I used it for some of the best bands I was ever in, but 10 plus years later I sold it all and waited five years to be inspired enough to actually have a semi-pro rig.

So what, I have two Trem-O-Verbs and a GMajor...oh and big deal I have a Jem7VWH and some pedals, then I look at your picks and I just lower my head. LOL

Seriously though, again not kissing ***, but, WOW, what a great collection of tone monsters you have.

I bow to you.

Here is my rig...and yes, I love it and I will keep adding to it, but unless I plant a money tree there is no keeping up with you! Just having some fun with you Brother. I love to see rigs like this. It is like seeing a NFL cheer leading squad, as it is all candy and I want it all at the same time...YIKES!!!

I am looking at getting another Marshall JCM900 and adding another stereo studio rack FX, maybe even another GMajor so that I can stack more effects. There are a lot of used GMajors out there cheap. I did see a Alesis MidiVerb 4 out there, but am not familiar with it, but will check it out.

I am also interested in the Lonestar combo (100W). I have to demo it though, but the samples online sound killer.

Oh well espousing my wish list does not make it happen, so later and best to you and yours Zachman.

Aloha my friend,

I'm not independently wealthy yet, but I do alright. :wink:

Picture077-1.jpg

Seriously though, in 1991, I sold most of my gear to fund a child custody battle (We won-- my son and I), and it took nearly 15 years to get it back, perhaps a few extras too, to make up for the long absence.

I've been at this for a LONG time, and have been with some of this gear for 20+ years. I'm 46 now, and started in the late 70's.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. They are MOST appreciated.

Zachman,

That's some seriously great stuff. Congrats. Are you teasing about the Ferrari...?? If not, good for you to get to where you are. I admire people that work to get to a position to be comfortable.

TremoJem,

Don't 'despair'..... it's not easy to raise a family, own a home, pay all the bills, school fees etc. You've invested in your family, the most important thing. You're well ahead of the game. Many are in their 60's that finally pay off the mortgage. Hold head high....

I really need to take a 'family' shot of my music gear..... The stupid thing is, I like photography...

Blaklynx & Zachman, I thank you both for your kind words.

I am blessed with a great family and for what it's worth all the best gear in the world will not make me sound any better...playing and practicing will, so I better do the gear I have justice and get to it.

Best to both of you.

TremoJem said:

Excellent pics!

I have a nice home.

I bow to you.

I LOVE your rig, man!!! I plan to add a Tremoverb combo as a brother to my Road King combo. I just hope hat by the time I have to money to get one, that there'll be any for sale! :p

Thanks lespaulguy32, it sounds good to hear someone likes my rig.

Good luck with your quest, as I see alot of them on Ebay, just be careful.

Yes, I will... and being a high school student without a job, currently, it's tough for me to fund these things. I'll be driving soon, have to fund a car, gas, and insurance almost all by myself. I'll have to wait a while, but I'm sure one will pop up eventually. I'd like a combo instead of a head, as they have a real nice growl to them that head/cab combinations sometimes don't. The combos tend to have a really nice low-endy feel to them. I just hope tha by the time I get one that the sellers are legit. I always go by ratings.

You're still in HIGHSCHOOL!!?

A piece of unsolicited advice: PRACTICE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!! PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Get lessons from an esteemed teacher. Learn your technique. Scales, arpeggios, modes, etc. Work hard.

I wish someone told me this when I was in highschool but sadly, I didn't even pick up a guitar until I was 20 years old.

Now I'm doing a doctorate in music and I have a young family. There is not nearly enough time in a day and I am in a perpetual state of overtiredness. I also don't have time to play in a band anymore and it REALLY sucks. Perhaps you need to be more concerned with hauling out your road king combo to rehearsals and getting out and playing while you still can. Being in your parent's basement means you can afford to get out and play clubs and whatnot once you turn 18. Get in young before the scene doesn't pay enough for you to make an adequate living.

100_0187.jpg

Mark III green stripe fully loaded
Furman 1800PF
3x12 cab
-2x GB128
-1x Man O War
Maxon 808

Several/various LtD guitars.

Latest posts

Back