Any Boogafunk Cab users?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heritage Softail

Reaction score
Anybody using/heard a Boogafunk cab? How long have you had it, what speakers, business experience with the company?

I am looking at the $140 per cab Thiele (2). 1 cab for MKV, 1 cab for Rectifier. I would imagine different speakers for each enclosure.

I'm using their Thiele cab with my Stiletto Deuce, primarily for practice sessions and occassionally for smaller gigs. Not a bad cab at all, but be patient when you order since it might take a little while. The construction is pretty solid. I initially had an EV12L running in it, but I've since switched to a V30, which I prefer. Going forward I'll be using my Mesa 2x12 for gigging, but the Thiele is recommendable. It's also very portable, which is nice if you have to transport it to practice. I've gotten a lot of nods for this little cab.

Been using one for about 6 months now. I play mostly metal. It's loaded with a Jensen C12K. It makes my Express sound like it should. The sound is nice and tight. Very defined. Not very fizzy. The only fizz I can hear is probably from the stock tubes so I'm going to be replacing these soon. The construction is pretty solid. I wouldn't say it's up to Mesa's standards though. It's not that the structural integrity is compromised, it's just that while Mesa is very immaculate with their work, I'd say this guy "colors outside the lines" just a little. Nothing you'd notice on the outside, just if you take the grill cloth off you'll notice it on the baffle. I'd still chose him over Mesa though, because you can get an equal quality product that's a lot more customizable, still hand built, for cheaper than Mesa. I plan on doing business with him in the future. It was nothing but a pleasure.

He is selling his unfinished 1x12 Thiele cab on ebay on a continuous basis at the moment. I am planning to click on one tonight.....after I bid on that magic amp I want!! I have an EVM12L all original waiting for that cab!

the guys who build them are 20 minutes down the road from me-cool cats-I have an ev loaded extended thiele (measured and built to fit under a long head like my coliseum)-perfect for gigging-it is rugged as hell/love the "truckbed liner" coating..bought mine from fellow board member Joey B. -he had an issue with a vibration ,and Scottie worked with him to resolve the issue-its bulletproof

Best cab I've ever had. Put the EVM12L in it, nothing but great tone all the way up and down the neck! Never had any other cab handle the EV with such ease.

Highly recommended!

soundchaser59 said:
Best cab I've ever had. Put the EVM12L in it, nothing but great tone all the way up and down the neck! Never had any other cab handle the EV with such ease.

Highly recommended!

Did you buy these new from the company? If you don't mind posting, how much were they?

I just received my Boogafunk 1x12 Thiele cabinet. I'm using it with a Mesa TA 15. What a combination. It's easily the best speaker cab I have ever bought. I tried a Mesa Thiele and the Boogafunk blew it away. Not even close.

lesterpaul said:
the guys who build them are 20 minutes down the road from me-cool cats-

Where is this dude? Can you PM me his info? Because I've been meaning to go to Curtis Granger and try out one of his Mojotone loaded cabs. I need a studio quality cab bad for this new album. All 3 of my touring cabs are (tonally) showing their wear after 6 years of blasting high velocity metal, and my 120 watt Marshall cab just took a huge dump.

You can find Scottie Roberson on Facebook. He's the guy that builds them.
http://www.facebook.com/scottieR.boogafunk

Latest posts

Back