Just ordered up an Engl Fireball 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R_ADKINS80

Reaction score
Just ordered up one of these monsters last night.....it should be sweet. Had to make a blind purchase because the nearest dealer is pretty much 2 states away from me and had to get it on Musician's Friend....I'll post up a review as soon as I get to give it a good shake down!

well MF is holding up my br00tulZ t0neZ.....they say that they haven't got verification from Visa yet because my ship to addy is different than my billing addy. Called visa and made sure they still had my work addy as a valid ship to...which it was and visa tells me that they haven't even received a charge from MF.......bunch of butt slammers.

I owned a ENGL Fireball 100 for a few months.
Great metal amp.

I have some clips of it on YOUTUBE.
I think Clip 4 is when I mic'd the cab.

Check out Mailmann2004 on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/user/mailmann2004

Really is a kick *** amp.
Liked my Engl Invader 150 better though.

Dan

Sounds pretty sweet.....makes me want it even more now! lol. Oh....and my old 5150II used to pick up chinese radio or some crap like that.....i know it was some asian language, though.

Oh its a BEAST! Sold it off a couple months back.
Have a Rivera KR7 that is just a MACHINE!!
That and my Mark III red stripe head thats coming in TOMORROW!! :mrgreen:

Yah it looks like it's on back order. Musicians friend dicked around and sold their last one out from under me they said.....they held up my order for whatever reason and I lost out on it. I checked music123 and they said they had them instock ready to ship. I ordered it from them and i get an email today saying that its on back order......just my luck.

I got mine on Ebay. It was only about a month old when I got it.
Saved about $400 bucks that way getting it "used" :wink:

You should like it, I believe it's real close to the Powerball in tone. Real smooth distortion that is a little clearer than a 5150, but also while being very brutal. It's a "clean hi gain" amp and very different than something like a rectifier that is dirty, edgy, and sizzly.

Good clean channel...good metal channel.
Not a good "middle" tone......
Either its BALZING METAL or Clean....
Hard to get a good "rock" tone from it without it sounding METAL...

FINALLY got my amp delivered. First impressions... Mesa what? Whats a Triple Rectifier. Looks like my mighty triple graciously steps down to backup status. The Engl Fireball 100 has a huge bottom end that is extremely tight. It also has a tight mid and some serious saturation that still remains artticulate and note seperattion at high settings. In essence it kind of reminds me of a Rivera Knucklehead with alot less knobs lol. The clean tone is amazing and sounds great even with sharring the settings used for the heavy tones. Loaded with TAD 6L6GC power tubes and TAD Chinese preamp tubes. It also came with a spare relabeled JJ "selected input stage" tube and a relabeled JJ standard preamp tube. KILLER AMP IN ALL!!!

Thing is a beast isnt it?? :twisted:

I have the Rivera KR7 and it suits me a little better then the ENGL did.
Sounds like you are digging it. :D

mailmann1971 said:
Thing is a beast isnt it?? :twisted:

I have the Rivera KR7 and it suits me a little better then the ENGL did.
Sounds like you are digging it. :D

Oh yeah I'm digging it. It sounds better than anything I have ever played on and without using a single pedal.

I used to own PB V1 & 2, and was amazed at how I needed NO decimator noise gate pedal in front of the fireball 100. Just emg81 into FB, and no cutting off of the notes, and lots of potential sustain. I'm still unsure which Engl to get, PBII or FBII. $500 difference new.

My main amp is a 60w Fireball, and I'm totally happy with it. It loooooves low tunings, and it's easy as hell to dial in great tones.

Its a killing machine for sure!
I wouldnt mind snagging another Engl Savage someday! :twisted:

Latest posts

Back