Orange Rockerverb 100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
hi guys, i have the chance to swap one of my guitars for this amp. Currently my only amp is my rev C Recto. I was just wondering will the Orange be tighter than the Mesa? I play hardcore and my Recto feels a little loose, obviously both amps sound completely different but i was just wondering if the RV would be tighter. I'll get to try it out soon but wanting some opinions before i went to try it out.

I had one... They're cool amps but not built super well. They're an awful lot like a Recto but with more mids and they're a bit tighter. I got rid of mine as I got sick of that grainy, almost fizzy quality of the gain you can't dial out.

hi thanks for your reply. More mids and a little tighter sounds good to me. I finally get to try it on Saturday. In the meantime keep the opinions coming! Cheers, Chris.

I never liked these until I saw Early Man playing them a couple months back and their tone was amazing-- both guitarists were basically just running guitar-cable-RV100-single orange 4x12. They were playing LOUD, like, "don't need a PA" loud, which may have been the difference.

I assume the cabs had the stock speakers but I am not sure.

tight and mid-heavy but a little more 'modern' sounding than my mark III which is also tight and mid-heavy. The sound might be a little 'thick' for hardcore, esp. if you have two guitars.

CoG - I'm the only guitarist in my band so thick and mid heavy is probably what I need to help fill out the sound.

Is this the version that you can switch the bias for el34s, 5881/6l6, 6550 and kt88s?
I am considering that amp. I am not sure two channels will suit me.
One channel worked fine but that was in the '70s, with my 50 watt marshall but I had no choice either.
Yet, there is one last amp I am checking out.
A 100 watt laney with 3 channels + midi and footswitch control.
At $899.00 with 60% of list, with the ability to change your amp and effects unit with the included pedal and/ or midi
is interesting. I liked laney but have not been around them for ages.
I ordered this and it says it will ship on the 25th, this place is really good about getting your items out. I won't
hold that date as a "it better be" yet when it gets here I am looking forward to perhaps a versitile amp for a real great price. Check it out. If I don't like it I will send it back. Be out shipping but no dealers around me.

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/Issue2.2-dd9c04a1d9c08392412120c64db359f8.pdf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TT100H - a 100-watt head, featuring a completely new pre-amp. Three channels Clean, Crunch & Lead each feature independent three band EQ, volume, bright switch and reverb. The two gain channels feature a Modern Switch which gives you super smooth response whilst the Lead channel features an additional Xpand and boost switch. Xpand breathes life back into your tone at high gain. The power section features two independent footswitchable master volumes, allowing you to give yourself a boost whatever channel you are on, great for the clean lead breaks.

All footswitchable features on the TT50/100 amplifiers are fully MIDI switchable and each amp is equipped with MIDI in, MIDI thru & MIDI out 7 pin connections which support phantom power. The onboard MIDI can be used to switch external MIDI devices via the dedicated FS6 footswitch.
Technical Info
Power RMS: 100 Watts

Inputs: Single Jack

Channels: 3

Equalization: Independent Bass, Middle & Treble for each channel

Master Presence Control: Yes

Bright Switch: 3: 1 per channel

Xpand Switch: Yes (on channel 3)

Boost Switch: Yes (on channel 3)

Modern Switch: Yes (on channel 3)

Switchable Damping: Yes

Twin Footswitchable Master Volumes: Yes

Preamp Valves: Premium ECC83

Output Valves: Premium EL34

Class: A/B

Reverb: Yes- With independent levels on each channel plus global master level

Line Out: Yes

Record Out: Yes

Footswitch: FS6 (Included)

Speaker connections: Connections for 1 x 16 ohm, 2 x 16 ohm, 1 x 8 Ohm, 2 x 8 ohm

FX Loop(s): Yes (with mix control- 100% Dry to 100% Wet)

MIDI IN / OUT / THRU: Yes- supports phantom power

Weight: 25 kg

Dimensions (mm): Width 654 x Height 279 x Depth 253

Master Section: Damping and Amp Mute switch, Reverb, FX and Presence Level control

Master volume: Yes - 2 (foot and MIDI switchable)

LerxstLee said:
Is this the version that you can switch the bias for el34s, 5881/6l6, 6550 and kt88s?
I am considering that amp. I am not sure two channels will suit me.

Yeah man that's the one.

One nice amp. I would love to use some of my NOS kt88s and 6550's in that boy.
Yet, I think the Laney for the price is a great buy.
They also sell the Rockverb 100 for $2300 free shipping.
Let me know if you pick up the orange. I would love to hear your comments.
/cheers

Likewise mate, if we decide to do the trade the first thing I'll do once I get some cash is put some KT88's in there, I think it has EL34s in there at the moment. I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

I have to order most items over the internet. There are two music stores in the area and they are peavey, cort,
mackie, ect. I am not bashing that gear, I am simply saying there are no brands that I am interested in.
I did order this and I can't wait to try it out.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LNYTT100H

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/Issue2.2-dd9c04a1d9c08392412120c64db359f8.pdf

At 60% of list, with three channels, footswitchable, and midi,along with my likings of the laney amps from years ago.
I gave this a shot. Can't change the type of tubes but EL34s/6ca7s are fine with me.
Yet if this did not catch my eye it was orange time. I can use the extra cash to finish making pairs and quads
of N.O.S. tubes. Where you live you might be able to find some great NOS KT-88s locally.
/cheers mate

I've now had the Rockerverb for a few weeks and I've used it for recording and live gigs and it's awesome. My band mates much prefer it to the Mesa which is a bit gutting as I've used and loved the Mesa for about 4/5 years as my main amp. The Orange however is now the main live amp for my band, it just suits our music better than the Mesa (which I still think is an awesome amp).

I must say however, I've had a lot more compliments on my tone since I've had the Orange. It isn't significantly tighter than the Mesa, just a little. I think the fact that it's punchier and less bassy helps toward the impression that's it tighter.

I'm hoping to add another cab to my set up so I can use both the Dual Rec and the Rockerverb together at shows!

Botch - done much valve swapping in the preamp of the Dual? Tried EL34's in there yet? Reason I ask is I got access to an older solid state tube testor and started evaluating the valves I was running. Not being able to test VTV for gain...I've found the amp sounds crisper, tighter, more articulate if I choose tubes that test the "strongest" in certain positions. Predominantly the V-1 and PI specifically. I also prefer tung sols in most amps I've played and mix and match in others.

Another thing to consider is it's getting close to 20 years old. You may want to have it gone over by a tech and have the caps looked at.

That Rev C should be tight as a ducks butt for a Dual. It's going to have a looser feel by nature but they can be tightened. Also think about cabs. Smaller cabs = tighter cabs IMO.

If nothing else I've found I enjoy having two different heads laying around.

clutch71 said:
Botch - done much valve swapping in the preamp of the Dual? Tried EL34's in there yet? Reason I ask is I got access to an older solid state tube testor and started evaluating the valves I was running. Not being able to test VTV for gain...I've found the amp sounds crisper, tighter, more articulate if I choose tubes that test the "strongest" in certain positions. Predominantly the V-1 and PI specifically. I also prefer tung sols in most amps I've played and mix and match in others.

Another thing to consider is it's getting close to 20 years old. You may want to have it gone over by a tech and have the caps looked at.

That Rev C should be tight as a ducks butt for a Dual. It's going to have a looser feel by nature but they can be tightened. Also think about cabs. Smaller cabs = tighter cabs IMO.

If nothing else I've found I enjoy having two different heads laying around.

Yeah, I've tried a few different combination of preamp valves and found the mix I like, mainly consisting of JJs. I did try EL34s also, however this was a looooong time ago so I think I'll give them another go at some point. As for cabs I use an Orange PPC412 with V30s and I also a Maxon OD808 to boost both the Orange and the Mesa.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE the tone of the Mesa, it's just that the Orange is preferred for the music I'm playing with my band at the moment. I am however still going through the 'honeymoon' period with this amp.

So to summarize, I love both amps, I will never sell the Recto, and I imagine it will once again become my main amp. It's just cool having another awesome amp after nearly 5 years of playing the same one.

Jacko123 said:
Glad you're luvin' the Orange. They're great amps. What type of music do you play?

Yeah man it really is a great amp. I play stuff along the lines of Every Time I Die, Inhale Exhale, Botch, Norma Jean, It Prevails etc. Mainly Hardcore / Post - Hardcore.

Botch said:
Jacko123 said:
Glad you're luvin' the Orange. They're great amps. What type of music do you play?

Yeah man it really is a great amp. I play stuff along the lines of Every Time I Die, Inhale Exhale, Botch, Norma Jean, It Prevails etc. Mainly Hardcore / Post - Hardcore.

Here we are, a year later. I was wondering if you're still using the Rockerverb? I just picked up a rockerverb 100 MKII a couple of months ago and absolutely love it. Used to play through a Mesa Roadster. The RV100 is much more me. Did you use the Orange on the songs that are on your bands myspace?

Back