NAD - Laney TT100h - super cheap!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarzan1143

Reaction score
http://www.activemusician.com/item--HS.TT100H?ref=fg&ovchn=SCU&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=&ovcrn=Laney+TT100H+100+Watt+Guitar+Tube+Amplifier+Head

Picked this up today for 400 with the footswitch, the amp is like new and has all new JJ tubes. I figured id pick it up to use why my ToV is in the shop (wont be done for 2-3 weeks), but im beyond impressed and im digging the tones from this thing a lot more than my rectifier, but not as much as my mark III. The gain is so pristine, theres not as much gain as the ToV obviously, but what gain it has is much better sounding. For 400 dollars, considering its 1700 new plus shipping, i think i got a **** good deal. the clean channel is so good, sounds just like a fender, or you can EQ it to get a nice voxy vibe, the reverb is great. Any laney fans?

Picture0020.jpg

I had a Laney GH50L back in the day. I think it was my first tube amp! I loved it. Laney makes great stuff, and you defnintely got a killer deal!

They sound great, but watch out for build quality and reliability problems. There is a reason why they're fairly cheap.

I own a Laney Lionheart 20W head with its matching cab. I like it, but still doesn't sound as good as my Boogies IMO. Not as big sounding, even with the loop jumpered with a short and good quality patch cable...

The site you linked for the Laney is plain crazy. Most places are selling these for $899., which is what I paid for mine New.
I do buy some used equipment but try to stay with new items. I don't like inheriting other problem amps. There are some great deals out there.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LNYTT100H

My roadking sits in the closet and I could not be any more happy with the laney. I went from 4 ch.s to 3 but, each of the laney's channels you can switch to a different version of the channel. So where the RK was fixed unless you toggled it and messed with the knobs they were fixed. I cannot agree more with you that the clean channel is superb, my road king never came close to these shimmering cleans. I have an arsenal of tubes and have tried too many times to get a real clean out of that amp. Just the fact on the Laney that you can switch from each version of the 3 channels and you can have your effects midi program switch each time for a different effect. Very simple and very effective. No more dealing with a 2 foot pedal board, and a midi switcher. I would say even at the regular retail this amp was overlooked. For the ones that say laney has quality control, well I would say what amps really don't. I was a Laney fan years ago and never really follow them since. Yet I saw this amp for less than half the list and took a shot at the 30 day send it back if you don't like it and it is not going anywhere. My road king is collecting dust and may end up a back up, yet I might even buy another one of these instead as a back up. The road king is taking up real estate in the closet.
To sum it up, I am very happy with Laney TT100H, way more features than I would list. I will take that warning oh my,
watch out for build quality and reliability problems, hhmm, not sure where you get that from, yet if mine dies in time so be it, I will get it fixed just like any other amp out there. Made in the UK is just fine with me. NOthing seems cheap to me about this amp except the price as they are selling them out for a new model. I give it a 9 out of 10.
/cheers

greeting.

i buy this tt100h without footswitch,can anyone help me sharing FS6 schematic diagram?
nowhere else this footswitch can be found. :(( i need to made it diy.

Back