bedrock cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellcat

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of bedrock cabs? I've been looking online but havent found a thing.

They went out of busness years ago. There was a famous pissing match between them and guitar player magazine, when they used to do something called "shootouts" where they'd gather a bunch of similar amps and good players and sort of rate them. Justified or not, the Bedrocks always either blew up or had some other technical issue. The owner and guitar player spent months going back and forth in their letter section, but the company got a rep for building unreliable gear. It was really well known, even outside of the guitar world and in the publishing world. Whether it was a main cause of the company failing, I really don't know , but GP stopped doing those kind of things shortly afterwards, since everyone who advertized in the mag threated to pull their ads if they were given the short end of a shoot out. The readers loved it , but readers aren't the customer, they're the product of a magazine. So now you get "reviews" of just good gear.
I remember them being Vox looking but more marshall sounding. They also came in cool colors back when amps where only black or tan.
Here is a site that has some info

http://bedrock27.tripod.com/bedrockamp/

Bob

Latest posts

Back