Marshall 1965A

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMGguitarist

Reaction score
Ok so I've come across some Marshall 1965 cabinets with 35 watt Celestions and its a 4x10" combination... any idea on details for these cabs such as what celestion these are exactly and how it rates to the 1960 cabs besides a 4x12? I can't get any larger than 2x12 cabs for my car but this 4x fits so im wondering how it compares.

I've got a 4x10 Marshall cabinet and think they are great. Very portable and the sound is close to a 4x12. Just keep in mind that if you REALLY want the sound of a 4x12 cabinet then you are going to need to get yourself a 4x12 cabinet. The 4x10 has a nice tight sound but can't quite match the low end thud of a 4x12.

Anyway... you should give one a try and see what you think for yourself.

I have one and love it! I put a handle right on top and grab and go one hand to the gig. I also made it into an open back, I think it sounds even better. If you can grab one cheap, get it IMHO don't forget to pop the back off and see if you like it better. The 10's give out a lot of tight bass and never come close to giving it up or turning into mush. with the back on (close cab stk) its more compressed less volume and a Minnie 4x12, very close IMHO but half the size and weight.

Back