Need tips for tolex repair

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
:? anybody know what the proper glue is to use to re-glue peeling tolex from my LSS? the tolex has lifted on the underneath of the top of the amp where it gets folded under by the rear panel. tried crazy glue against my better judgement. didn't hold it, needless to say. i'm aware that i'll need to clamp it and let it hold for a while for best results, i just don't know what kind of glue i need. :?:

Use contact cement glue.

Apply to the tolex and amp's surface. Allow the glue to become tacky (about 5 to 10 minutes) before the two surfaces become in contact. (Oxymoron?)

Then press the surfaces together. Any excess contact cement glue seeping out could be rubbed away so long the glue has not dried.

If the tolex seems to peal away, then you may need to clamp it. Or clamp it anyway.

wellwood contact cement does the job well u can find it at home depot or any hardware store just dont soak the stuff a dab'll do glue both sides and wait for it to get tacky then smooth out the tolex and keep pressure on it for a bit till it dries :D

Back