Grabbed me a laney..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesallicA

Reaction score
Gh50L, what a shred monster!

paul gilbert used this amp for his adelaide australian clinic, then sighed it. I got a great deal on it form the laney adelaide dealer so i jumped on it, seeing as im a bit of a gilbert fanboy it was too hard to pass up!

Its got great lead tones that ive been looking for, and could not get from my recto. I love this amp so far! it sounds great at low volumes, sounds great for recordings and sounds awsome cranked. Ive yet to use it in a band situation though. I hope it cuts through like the dual rectifier.

anyway some pictures:

P1010446.jpg

P1010441.jpg

P1010445.jpg

GH50L's are great amps!

Laney's tend to be more expensive over here in the states. The cost of a GH50L and a Dual Rectifier are actually fairly close. The Laney goes for about $950 and the DR goes for $1499. You got a great deal . . . especially since that one's been signed by Paul Gilbert!

550 dollars is quite a gap bw the price of a DR and the laney.

RR said:
Back stage Tommy Iommi's Laneys
CIMG1846.jpg

So.....since all of those amps appear to have the same settings, are they all just back ups for back ups for back ups? If they're that faulty i see why they go for so cheap, why would you need 10+ of the same amp head?

-AJH

I really don't know much about Laney but the images I posted was from a fellow member from another bulletin board / forum. He was able to get backstage of Ozzie Osbourne concert and chat with Iommi who he's a big fan of.

As for why are their so many amplifiers on stage, well asks any famous rock guitarist with their many stacks why do they need so many amplifiers. I don't have the answer other than good for the ego[?]

MesaENGR412 said:
RR said:
Back stage Tommy Iommi's Laneys
CIMG1846.jpg

So.....since all of those amps appear to have the same settings, are they all just back ups for back ups for back ups? If they're that faulty i see why they go for so cheap, why would you need 10+ of the same amp head?

-AJH

Because these amps kick ***!

As far as I'm concerned, if you have the cash and the roadies, why not go overboard!! He probably has a tech running all of that anyway, so the tech is the one to ask.

ToneAddictJon said:
As far as I'm concerned, if you have the cash and the roadies, why not go overboard!! He probably has a tech running all of that anyway, so the tech is the one to ask.

**** straight! :D Who is to say ALL those amps are the same internally. It would not surprise me if there are tweaks/changes to some of those heads, for the sake of improvement and real world testing.

MesallicA:

Did you attend Paul Gilbert's clinic? Now that guy is one bad *** guitarist! :p
Great you got the autograph. 8)

Oh definitely, Im a huge RacerX/ Gilbert fanboy. I went to the brissy clinic, i got there really early and managed to catch a bit of the sound-check. I got a card sighed, my pgm sighed, a photo with him and also i got a pick from him. 8)

so my plectrum collection consists of a pick from:
rob trujello (metallica)
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe satriani
and Paul Gilbert!

4071549998a4375956796b327942535l.jpg

Latest posts

Back