So, what amps do you own?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now:

Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 212
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special 212
Mesa Boogie Maverick 212
Mesa Boogie Blue Angel 410
Roland JC120
Roland AC90

and I am working on buying a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace 212

My amp collection has grown over the past few years.

Mesa Boogie amps: JP-2C, TC-50, TC-100, Royal Atlantic 100 head, Royal Atlantic 100 combo, Roadster, Multi-watt Dual Rec, California Tweed, Mark V 90W. I would have to say my two best favorite amps are the two Royal Atlantics running in parallel with some stereo effects shared by both amps (strymon big sky, Boss EQ200 and Boss DD200). Sometimes I use just the Mesa Switch track or may even use a Lehle P-Split II or III. May even try a blend of 4 amps each in parallel using the Mesa switch track and two P-splits.

Other Brands: Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555x (reissue) head, have a Jubilee 412 cab on the way. Fender made EVH 5150 IIIS EL34 100W head.
I have been using one of my Mesa standard slant front 412 cabs for the two amps that I bought for use with the Multi-watt Dual rec. I have a specific modified cab for use with the Roadster or JP-2C (this amp works well with any cab). I have an Egnator traditional sized 412 that I loaded with 8 ohm Celestion creambacks G12H75 but may change that over to a pair of CB75 and a pair of Cream Alnico 90W 16 ohm speakers. That combination may sound good in a closed back cab (assumed) but the blend of the CB and CAlnico90 did work well in the RA100 combo.

The most rewarding amp combination I have tried to date was the JP-2C + Silver Jubilee. The Silver Jubilee is a bit crude and narrow focused but blends amazingly well with the JP-2C full tone character.

Too many, I've been selling a bunch off. :evil:

I have a couple of Hiwatt DR103s mid 70s stuff.
Reeves Studio/Stage
Orange Retro 50
Orange SS 35w practice combo
Orange Tiny Terror head
Mesa TA15, 2 of em
Mesa LSS
Mesa Roadster for a little while longer
Mesa mini Rectifier
73 Marshall JMP Superlead 100W
Fender Deluxe 5E3 clone
Fender 57 Champ reissue

Probably some others that I'm forgetting :arrow:

I've made several changes since last time I posted. My latest acquisition is a Marshall JTM45 head. (First reissue, late 90s.)

The Twin Reverb and the Super Twin Reverb are gone.

I added a Blackstar JJN20 head which is a LOT of fun.

The Marshall DSL100 and MA50 and MG100HCFX half stacks are gone.

Some changes... Only Bogner XTC Classic + Mesa 4x12 trad slanted and Mesa ED 1x12 Combo left :)

1. Mesa Boogie Mk 2C 60 combo w/Graphic and Reverb
2. Mesa Boogie Mk 3 100 Simul W/Graphic Non-Reverb
3. Mesa Boogie Mark 1 Reissue Hardwood
4. PRS 2 Ch "C" head - EL34
5. Dr. Z. Jaz 20/40
6. Peavey 5150 combo

Um, yeah- every one except the PRS doesn't move, I need a roadie.

My unimpressive collection

Mesa Subway Blues
Mesa Subway Rocket
Mesa Express 5:25+

I just play at home. I’m thinking about adding one more but I’m not sure what yet. Maybe a Rectoverb or an older Mark.

Right now I have four, all world-class IMO.

Mezzabarba M-Zero Overdrive with EVM12L/Celestion G12M25 4X12 cab. The Mezzabarba is the new guy. It is something else.

Rig by John Bazzano, on Flickr

MESA/Boogie Rectifier Recording Preamp, Quad Preamp, 50/50 stereo & Strategy 400 power amps.

My rig by John Bazzano, on Flickr

MESA/Boogie Mark IV Imbuya/wicker version A/B

IMG_2917 by John Bazzano, on Flickr

I've have some great cabinets also. The Mezzabarba cabinet is 16 ohm with X-pattern EVM12L & Celestion G12M25 greenbacks. The MESA Rectifier cabinet has 2 EVM12L Black shadows in the enclosed side and 2 MESA MC90's in the half open side. The Marshall cabinet is a 1974 with Creamback R/C cones.

1976 Marshall by John Bazzano, on Flickr

I have some older stuff.

The ones in the picture and a few more:
One more JMP1 with Folkesson Mod
One more ADA MP1
Mesa Boogie Roadster
Mesa Boogie QUAD Preamp
Mesa Boogie 20/20
Carvin X100B
Marshall Mode Four
Peavey 5150
Blackstar Series one 100
Marshall Code 100
Marshall TSL100
Peavey Pirana
Marshall Lead 12
Marshall Lead 50
Marshall Haze 15 with 2 1*12"
GK 250ML Combo
GK250 Top
Hotone Heart Attack
Carvin 4*12"
Peavey 4*12"
Marshall 1912 * 2
Create 4*12"

Generally like English/US/Swedish amps. I rather buy a 90's pretty worn than a new chines...

The biggest issue is to find time to play through all amps :)
Fortunately I have two kids playing heavy stuff too so I dont have to do it all by myself.
I mostly play the Code 100 and Digitech preamp. Pretty wierd when I think about it...

DSC-0042.jpg

Nitrobattery said:
2021 updated shot

0aZh3i.jpg

Killer set of amps. I'm curious, the Supersonic! That's not one you hear a lot about, good or bad. It's in very good company there. What does it do for you?

MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6/6CA7) EVM halfback 4x12 cab
MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6) 2x EVM Thiele cabs
MESA Simul Mark IIC+ (6L6/6CA7) 2x EVM Thiele cabs
EVH 5153 100W Stealth EVH Stealth 4x12 cab

All hooked to the MESA amp switcher and tuned a little different. 1,2,3, or all 4 at once via a modified Voodooman footswitch.

CoG said:
Nitrobattery said:
2021 updated shot

0aZh3i.jpg

Killer set of amps. I'm curious, the Supersonic! That's not one you hear a lot about, good or bad. It's in very good company there. What does it do for you?

I used to do product demos for a retailer, and for pedal demos I wanted an amp that everyone pretty much knew what it sounded like...and that also wasn't out of reach price-wise for the average weekend warrior guitar player. It has a few different modes as well as a dirty channel, but I mainly just used it as a Bassman with an effects loop. That way if someone was interested in a $120 pedal, and owned a Fender amp, they'd have a pretty good idea of that the pedal sounded like from the video.

99% of the time for my own stuff I use the PT100 for all of my clean tones, but the Fender is a handy thing to have. It's a lot of amp for the money...especially used.

Nitrobattery said:
I used to do product demos for a retailer, and for pedal demos I wanted an amp that everyone pretty much knew what it sounded like...and that also wasn't out of reach price-wise for the average weekend warrior guitar player. It has a few different modes as well as a dirty channel, but I mainly just used it as a Bassman with an effects loop. That way if someone was interested in a $120 pedal, and owned a Fender amp, they'd have a pretty good idea of that the pedal sounded like from the video.

99% of the time for my own stuff I use the PT100 for all of my clean tones, but the Fender is a handy thing to have. It's a lot of amp for the money...especially used.

Much appreciated. I've been using my Mark III for Fender-y stuff in a project and it sounds fine but the shitty 80s fx loop is just starting to get to me, and when playing face to face starts up again Marks are just such little bitches about cabs. But end of the day I can't justify more than about $500 worth of "clean amp". Might start keeping an eye out for a Supersonic, when I do see them the prices seem rock bottom. Thanks!

CoG said:
Nitrobattery said:

Much appreciated. I've been using my Mark III for Fender-y stuff in a project and it sounds fine but the sh!t 80s fx loop is just starting to get to me, and when playing face to face starts up again Marks are just such little bitches about cabs. But end of the day I can't justify more than about $500 worth of "clean amp". Might start keeping an eye out for a Supersonic, when I do see them the prices seem rock bottom. Thanks!

I grabbed mine for $500 used. A lot of bang for the buck.

1953 Gibson GA-40
1960 Gibson GA-5
1961 blonde Fender Bassman piggyback with both a 1*12 and 2*12 30” tone ring cabinets
1964 Fender Princeton Non Reverb
1992? ADA MP-1
1993 Rocktron Chameleon
1994 Mesa Triaxis
1994 Rocktron Velocity 300
1994 Marshall 1959 Reissue
1994 Fender Stereo Pak
1995 Mesa 2:90
1995 Crate Stealth GT-50 combo
1995 Crate VIntage Club 20 1*12
1999? Mesa DC-3
2016 Roland JC-40
2017 Boss Katana Head
2018 Mesa Recoverb 25
2019 Marshall 2525c
2020 Mesa MarkV:35
2021 Boss Nextone Special

Hello everyone , I own a Mesa mark 111 blue stripe 50w , a Peavy 30w , a Rat cream reverb 50w , a Fender FSR deluxe reverb in a mahogany cabinet with a Celestion blue 22w , a Ampeg 100w reverb rocket with tremolo , a Ceriatone 100/50w OTS with 2x celestion 120w redbacks , a Tone King Skyking , and 2x BluGuitar amp 1 all Tube amps and all sound great , probably my favourite is the Ceriatone OTS

Mesa's that I have are the TA15 and a California Tweed 440 Head and an older 27" wide Mesa 1X12 cab I got when I got the TA15 when it first came out - a LoneStar Classic 1X12 w/Black Shadow 12". I also have an early Carr Rambler (chassis 119), a VHT Special 12/20 non-reverb 1X12 combo, and a Quilter non-reverb 101 head and BlockDock1X12 cab for it. I have used the BlockDock 11X12 cab with the 101 head strapped in the back as the cab for either Mesa heads and have my backup amp hiding in plain sight in the back of the Quilter cab which has a 300 watt Celestion speaker in it.

Back