Just got my Les Paul Custom

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
I bought this about a week ago on eBay, and I just got it today. I'm a happy boy :D

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

LesPaul2003.jpg

Lespaulstandard said:
NICE.. The EMG's are the 81/85 combo i take it? Great combo in LP's Hows she play?

yep, 81/85. this is hands down the best guitar i've ever played. this thing squashes every other les paul or prs that i've owned. the guy who had it before me had it refrtted with nice tall frets, so it feels like a standard...but looks and sounds like a custom.

rig.jpg

That is sweet lookin man

bet it rips

I have a serious fetish for customs and have been wanting one for ages but just don't have the money.

Hey nitro, what year is that SWEET axe?
Here's a link to pics of mine, both LP's are 1976. The wine red is original except frets and bone nut. The black one I had built for my son, and the neck was customized for him, new fretboard w/jumbo's, EMGZW.
Pretty sweet!
Where in NY are you? I'm in Putnam County, 60 miles North of the city. Do you have a band website?
ax. :twisted:

axwielding1 said:
Hey nitro, what year is that SWEET axe?
Here's a link to pics of mine, both LP's are 1976. The wine red is original except frets and bone nut. The black one I had built for my son, and the neck was customized for him, new fretboard w/jumbo's, EMGZW.
Pretty sweet!
Where in NY are you? I'm in Putnam County, 60 miles North of the city. Do you have a band website?

It's a '79. I live and go to college in Oneonta NY, about an hour from Binghamton. We're currently overhauling the site, I'll post a clip when it's up again.

I didn't see a link :?

Thanks. The black one has quite a story behind it. About a year after I found the red one, I had it re-fretted, and added a bone nut. While there, this clear coated custom was on the counter, had Dimarzio Distortions, with a slit coil on the neck pup. The neck had a bad twist at the head stock, and when I asked about it, they were basically gonna scrap it. I paid $100 for it and took it home just to hang on the wall...Well, one january day, I pulled off the fretboard, sanded off all the finish by hand, and soaked the neck in boiling water. I then clamped it flat and staright, and kept pouring boiling water over it evry half hour for the rest of the day. I then let it dry for a week, still clamped. I un-clamped it and it was perfectly straight! I let it sit in a stand for 3 months to see if it would bend again. and it didn't. I took it to my luthier, ordered a new fretboard from Gibson, and found it to be too wide for the old 3 piece maple neck. He shaved down the outsides of the neck, and added 2 strips of rock maple, then re-shaped the back of the neck to be stout and rounded at the neck end, and gradually widen and flatten towards the body, to fit my son's hands (big). Installed the fretboard, refinished it in the black nitro with nitro clearcoat, new gold hardware, and the EMGZW. This guit is now just frigging unbelievable! Cool story, HUH?

damnit, Im GASing for a custom SUPER bad right now and you guys had to do this!

I just picked up a LP studio nearly brand new from a friend not too long ago, so its pretty tough for me to justify adding another guitar to the collection if its practicality isnt going to be anything different from what I already have. I thought about just selling the studio and putting the money towards a custom, but my friend who sold it to me would be pissed.

To make things even more tempting, I work at a gibson retailer and could buy one new at cost :cry:

You could buy one at cost, and didn't?!?
I like the Customs, they have a brighter sound, and snappier attack. For what I play, the stock pups are good, a little wooly, good cut, and can howl really well. However, my son's with the ZW EMG's is a total beast!!
They (emg's) work really well in it. It pushes the front of the amp well, and have a blistering effect in high gain settings....
You just can't beat a Les Paul Custom...Just high quality, IMHO....

Sweet guitar man. LP's are sexy. That one especially looks mean as hell. Enjoy and play the hell out of it.

Back