which one???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axwielding1

Reaction score
Which guitar is overall your favorite in your arsenal right now? Why? What amp does it work best with?
ax. :twisted:

My current favorite is a modded up Epi Les Paul. I play mostly rhythm, and it has a thick, heavy rhythm sound to it.

gothic_les_paul_002.jpg

Well before my back injury it was my '79 Tokai LP Reborn Gold Top but since it's to heavy to for me to lift it's my EBMM Axis Super Sport. Since I got the MiniMass favorite amp is my SF Champ. The amp side needs to be fixed with a Boogie.

SD- Those are serious strap locks.

jamroom2.jpg

Ned

This is my fave, been with me since March 1980. How fitting that it's soon to be the silver anniversary of my Silverburst!

G-LP001.jpg

Current pickups are Duncans, a 59 neck and Custom 5 bridge. I added the TP6 tailpiece in 1985, and a Groove Tubes Fathead in 1989. This guitar is a sustain monster, and sounds great with any high gain amp.

cvansickle said:
This is my fave, been with me since March 1980. How fitting that it's soon to be the silver anniversary of my Silverburst!

G-LP001.jpg

Current pickups are Duncans, a 59 neck and Custom 5 bridge. I added the TP6 tailpiece in 1985, and a Groove Tubes Fathead in 1989. This guitar is a sustain monster, and sounds great with any high gain amp.

cvansickle,
I have an '86 Silverburst LP Custom that looks a lot like that. I gotta get some of my gear pics up in my Yahoo account so I can post them here. Awesome axe! I had an LP Standard, but the Custom just blows it away and I parted with the Standard.

My PRS Swamp Ash is my favorite overall. Awesome looking with the Tri-colored Sunburst and flamed maple neck. And it sounds and feels great! The LP Custom is right up there with it though.

My number 1 is a 2003 Les Paul Standard. It just has a big, thick tone driving into my Road King.

I use my Floyd/EMG-equipped Fender Strat into my IIC.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/114573596dmKtrc
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573984/114573984NfexXq
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573860/114573860THhBCL

But, I'm moving up to a new axe soon.

boogieslide said:
cvansickle said:

cvansickle,
I have an '86 Silverburst LP Custom that looks a lot like that. I gotta get some of my gear pics up in my Yahoo account so I can post them here. Awesome axe! I had an LP Standard, but the Custom just blows it away and I parted with the Standard.
Oh yeah, I always prefer the Custom. Even though the body construction is identical to the Standards of the time, it's the ebony board that does it for me. Mine has a serial number that dates its construction as the day after Christmas, 1979. I bought it new as a teenager in 1980, with money I earned working as an orderly in a nursing home. Believe me, I had to wipe a lot of butts to get this guitar, so there is no way I'll ever part with it!

It was $650 brand new. Today, this guitar would command about $2000 new. I couldn't imagine a teenager, making minimum wage, coming up with the do-re-mi to afford something like this.

I chose the Silverburst over a black Custom for a couple reasons:
1. Nobody I knew had one, and I could be somewhat unique.
2. It was $50 less than the black one, which had gold parts.
3. I saw a press photo of Ace Frehley holding one. At the time, Ace and Jimmy Page were my idols. Jimmy played a Standard... (a few months later, I did play a few gigs in a high school Kiss tribute band, and the Silverburst did elicit many oohs and ahs from the girls!)

This is really hard for me. I can't really pick just one guitar. I have to narrow it down to three:

- Gibson Les Paul Special SL w/ EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Universe with DiMarzio Tone Zone 7/Air Norton 7
- Fender Strat (mexican) w/ DiMarzio Evolution

They're all great guitars. They sound absolutely amazing when I model a dual recto on my Line 6. They almost sound too good. Too good for their own, well, good. :twisted:

My current favorite is my '03 PRS Hollowbody II it sounds so da*# good running into my Nomad 45 2-12

APRSHBIIsm.jpg

Ive only got three in order of preference:
64 Guild T100
G&L S500 (tribute model)
Guiild JF30 acoustic....Right now Im using a Musicman 75 2X10 for the electrics and a SWR Strawberry Blonde for the acoustic....I just put money down tonite on a Mesa F30 and will be picking it up next week, and selling the Musicman

My '96 ASAT Special...works great with the 3 Boogies. I just can't put this thing down. The neck is just "right" for me. My Lester is getting jealous (and worried!)

ASATCreme1.jpg

This is definitely my #1...today :wink: Thorn Artisan Master #25

Front:
Thorn_front.jpg

Back:
Thorn_back.jpg

axwielding1 said:
Which guitar is overall your favorite in your arsenal right now?
Tokai Love Rock LS 60 from 1984 with Gibson Shaw PAFs from 1983.

It rocks... :wink:

What amp does it work best with?
Fender Bassman head from 1963, "Normal" channel, over a Marshall cab from ~1969 (2 original Greenbacks, 2 G12 H30) in the rehearsal room and on stage. But I also like it with my Boogie Mark IIB 60W head and a self-built 1x12" EV cabinet at home, because I can play it at low volumes with a good sound then.

nocluejimbo said:
I use my Floyd/EMG-equipped Fender Strat into my IIC.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/106998175/114573596dmKtrc
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573984/114573984NfexXq
http://community.webshots.com/photo/114573860/114573860THhBCL

But, I'm moving up to a new axe soon.

Odd, I've regained my previous love for my 2003 Epi LP Studio that has been modded to hell. (many mods not shown in this old pic) The Evolution in all-mahogany sounds simply massive through my IIc. Using 12-56's and having it tuned to Eb doesn't hurt, either.

LP.jpg

Melancon Custom Artist:
Koa top, chambered mahogany body, oiled mahogany neck, standard carve with a +.040", 1 5/8" nut, 10" radius fingerboard, E. Indian Rosewood fingerboard, Matching headstock, locking tuners, Dimarzio (Melancon blues wind) pups, LR Baggs piezo tremolo, Gold hardware, locking tuners, Studio Package (Recently upgraded to a Kinman Avn62 in the middle position and a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge)

Melancon5.jpg

Back