Do you cut, or leave them long?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit2013

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps I am particular but I do seem to like my eyes in working order. I was looking at old videos on the Royal Atlantic and saw one where the guitar player appeared to have the full length of guitar strings sticking out from the tuning pegs, why keep the antennae? That reminded me of my friend of which I go over to jam with on Saturdays. I usually sit and keep watch as the sharp needle like antennae are making their way towards my face. My friend never cuts the strings short and leaves them intact. Most of the time they are looped. Once you get the kink in the string from the tuner or locking nut it is pointless to keep the rest. Here is a link to what reminded me to write this post..... Some interesting playing.... Interesting guitar. No offence... but cut those strings down.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mesa+boogie+royal+atlantic+ra-100&&view=detail&mid=30C01E33E346CC64147530C01E33E346CC641475&FORM=VRDGAR

So do you keep the strings cut and short or long?

I keep them trimmed as close as I can get to the post. Nothing worse that being stabbed by a string end.

Good way to chew up the inside of a gigbag if there are sharp ends.

Latest posts

Back