NGD Steinberger GR4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
FLwpDY

I bought it off eBay for a little over $500, the flame maple was $25 for two pieces. It's an 89/90 Newburgh, New York model, a few serial numbers apart from my current GR4. I took it to a local company that has specialized computer controlled milling machines and they're currently making violins ukuleles and such so I asked them if they could give me a hand they said they'd love to do it and will get it back to me asap. I can hardly wait. Nice new guitar day!

https://flic.kr/p/HX5sdr

New top, looks good in this picture. If you have a flame/tiger stripe top you know how great they look in person compared to a photograph. I had so much enjoyment making this guitar I'm now in the process of making a matching "explorer" Steinberger.

have to say, that is bad @ss.

nice job!

dig the gold back too..

what are the electronics?

any clips?

Thanks, man. Stock electronics with the exception of the bridge pick up but I'm changing it from the Dimebucker to an Anderson H3+. The Dimebucker is too bright and I put an H3+ in my other GR4 and it rules all pick ups.
I through a Jackson J50B pick up in it last night and that worked much better than the Dimebucker. It sounds so good I might keep it in there!

Back