NGD Chapman Ghost Fret

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowercasee

Reaction score
Finally got the Ghost Fret I have been wanting for some time now. Got to keep my Jackson USA SL2H too! Thank you tax return! Anyway, this is one of the west coast tour models so it was discounted a bit as it had been "used". Other than a few small scratches on the back, which you never see anyway, it is basically brand new. Still had all the peel off plastic over the black glossy stuff and everything. It is one of the last ones to come with real Seymour Duncan pickups too. The next production run will have Chapman "standard" pickups, which don't sound bad, but they're not Duncans. Came with a nice hard shell case too.

It plays and sounds amazing! The action was a little higher than I prefer when I got it so I dropped it down a bit. Other than that, no issues at all. The pickups are coil tapped too so you can get some nice twangy tones along with dark / heavy ones. It comes stock with strap locks which is a nice touch. Also, this is my first guitar with locking tuners (genuine Hip Shot) and I LOVE them! The stock string gauge was not to my liking and I was able to swap them out for my preferred gauge in about 5 minutes. Locking tuners are going on my other guitars now too.

Overall, I am thrilled with it and I haven't stopped playing it. Definitely check out some Chapman guitars, they are quality instruments for very reasonable prices.

20160217_1455072_zpsnpncs6eo.jpg

20160217_1455412_zps5sro5aby.jpg

Latest posts

Back