NGD: My first PRS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
I always liked the quality of PRS, but never liked one enough in the store to buy it. I picked up an SC245 recently in a trade, and it is really growing on me. So I needed an inexpensive guitar for some downtuned songs in my band, and bought another PRS, the SE Dave Navarro model. That guitar really rocks, and is a lot of guitar for the money.

Very cool! The SE's are really fantastic guitars for how little they cost. Enjoy!

Thanks! I agree with that regarding quality, though I have had a lot of trouble picking a PRS I like. I think they are each very niche-y guitars, so you have to find the exact right model for you.

When I was younger the local shop had a PRS McCarty that I really wanted. Rosewood neck with P90s. Plain black finish with gold hardware. Very classy. It sold a couple days before I went in to buy it, so I used the money to buy my first Gibson Les Paul. Been a Les Paul guy since.

I jonesed for a Navarro model for awhile... probably because of the plain finish. Sweet axe.

Back