fender 10 for 15 guitars

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swbo101

Reaction score
Anyone look at these? Fender is releasing only 500 of each model, one a month. The prices are very reasonable considering.
The Mahogany strat looks really nice.

Also has anyone any experience with the S-1 switching system?

The S-1 switching can supply some pretty useful tones. I did not like the first generation SCN noiseless pups, designed by Bill Lawrence(?). I like the new N3 pickups better, and I think the S-1 switching options have also improved, but I still prefer the sound of good single coil pups. The closest pups I've found to getting the single coil voice while providing noise cancelling (four conductor) humbuckers are Duncan Rails. I have a Cool Rails (neck), Vintage Rails (mid), and Hot Rails (bridge) in my Deluxe, and really like them. I installed a push/pull pot, and have access to three new series tones using the four conductor Duncans.

My main guitar over the last couple years was a Fender American Deluxe Tele. Great guitar. Sold it recently :lol:
I really liked the S1 switching when I got it, but never really used it. It certainly doesn't hurt to have it, and if you get bored at some point, flip it on. To me the S-1 position sounded a bit like a Les Paul, not bad for a telecaster.

Thanks for the info. I recently tried the American Deluxe with the new Shawbucker pickups with the S-1 system. The guitar played and sounded great, better than I expected. I have 2 strats now both SSS, never liked HSS, until I tried this one. I put a small deposit on that 10 for 15 Mahogany strat with the same setup for when it's released in September. If I don't like it, I can use the deposit on something else so a no lose situation.

I saw these as well and was interested in the shawbucker strats

Latest posts

Back